“The heart is the divine mind, not the brain”
Has it really been a full year since Julie appeared on the podcast?
Well that’s just not right.
So today marks the latest installment in my ongoing series of ponderous mind melds with my wife and in-house spiritual guru, the wise and ethereal Julie Piatt, aka SriMati.
Longtime listeners are well acquainted with my better half. For those newer to the show, Julie is many things — the bestselling author of three vegan cookbooks. An accomplished yogi, healer, musician, and mom to four children. The host of the For The Life of Me podcast. And the master of Water Tiger, her online spiritual community where she muses on all matters metaphysical.
Julie has a lot to say. And this time it’s personal.
This conversation opens with a wide-ranging discussion wherein we take stock of our marriage. Discuss the next evolution of our two-decade relationship. And share our collective experiences to explore relationship fulfillment in general.
We talk about low moments – my relapse (almost 8 years ago), grief, rebirth, and divorce. We discuss creativity and taking responsibility for our personal connections. We recap our recent retreat in Italy. And we conclude by diving into Julie’s current obsessions — her For The Life of Me podcast and quickly growing online spiritual community, Water Tiger.
And we conclude with a very big announcement.
Let me set the stage. As many of you know, Julie spent years devoted to mastering the art of plant-based cheese. That journey birthed This Cheese Is Nuts, her groundbreaking cookbook primer on all things non-dairy. In the years since that book’s publication, she continued to iterate on her recipes, taking her creations next level.
The privileged few who have tested her achievements know very well just how insanely delicious it is. People literally freak out. Chances are you’ve even heard a few on mic raves from many a former podcast guest — Julie’s favorite taste testers.
The response has been so unanimously positive, she spent the last year assembling the pieces to create her very own direct-to-consumer artisanal plant-based cheese line.
It’s called SriMu. It’s launching in mid-November 2019. And she is proud to announce that she is currently taking pre-orders.
Unlike anything else in the current marketplace, SriMu artisanal “not cheese” is the next evolution of non-dairy delights. Vegan, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free and made with mostly organic ingredients, it’s a super-charged, divine offering beautifully packaged in a subscription box. When you sign up, you’ll get three different tiers of extraordinary, next-level plant-based cheese delivered directly to your home on a monthly basis.
I am super proud of Julie’s manifestation. It’s going to be huge. I know you’re going to love it. And I wanted my podcast tribe to have the very first opportunity to try what I’ve been (semi-secretly) enjoying for the last year.
To learn more and place your order, visit SriMu.com.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the divine offering.
Peace + Plants,
Images by Leia Marasovich
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Birch Living: Introducing Birch Mattress: Natural & Organic Materials. Best of all worlds: ultra-comfy wool, pressure relieving latex & body contouring springs. Birch donates 1% of all Birch sales to the National Forest Foundation. 100% Organic Birch Wool. 25 Year Warranty. Visit birch.com/richroll for 200 dollars off your mattress order.
Calm: The #1 App for Meditation and Sleep with 100+ guided meditations covering anxiety, focus, stress, sleep, relationships and more. Plus 7-day and 21-day programs for both beginner and advanced users. For a limited time, my listeners can get 25% off a Calm Premium subscription at Calm.com/richroll. It includes unlimited access to ALL of Calm’s amazing content. Get started today.
DesignCrowd: Custom graphic, logo and web design from over 550,000 designers around the world. Get the perfect custom design, every time! Visit designcrowd.com/RICHROLL or enter promo code RICHROLL at checkout and receive up to $100 off your design project now!
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect with Julie: SriMati.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- SriMu artisanal ‘not cheeses': Website | Purchase SriMu Subscription Box
- Julie’s Book: This Cheese Is Nuts
- Julie’s Podcast: For The Life of Me
- Julie’s Music: SriMati
- Julie’s Jai Yoga Foundational Series
- Rich and Julie’s Cookbooks: The Plantpower Way & The Plantpower Way: Italia
- Connect with Rich: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- Plantpower Retreats: ourplantpowerworld.com
- Rich’s Memoir: Finding Ultra
- Mindbodygreen: 3 Ways To Start Living Your Most Authentic Life, Physically, Emotionally, & Spiritually by Julie Piatt
Notable People Discussed
- Gene Baur: founder of Farm Sanctuary, author, animal rights activist and podcast guest
- Paul Hawken: American environmentalist, entrepreneur, author, and activist
- Sri Anandamayi Ma: was an Indian Saint, described by Sivananda Saraswati as “the most perfect flower the Indian soil has produced.” Precognition, faith healing and miracles were attributed to her by her followers
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #387: The Power Of Ceremony And Ritual With Julie Piatt
- RRP #361: AMORE! Rich & Julie On Relationships — Plus Italian Cuisine 2.0
- RRP #295: Ditching Dairy: The Doyenne Of Vegan Cuisine On Food As A Portal For Transformation
- RRP #254: How To Build An Authentic Brand with Julie Piatt
- RRP #200: Let’s Talk About Death with Julie Piatt
- RRP #333: How To Build A Conscious Relationship with Julie Piatt
- RRP #343: Creative Partnerships with Julie Piatt
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for audio production and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics. Leia Marasovich for portraits. Interstitial music by SriMati Music and theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Download Our Free App: Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements.
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.