Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“The answer lies within your own being.”
Today’s podcast is the latest installment in my ongoing series of ponderous mind melds with the wise and profound Julie Piatt — aka SriMati — my wife and in-house spiritual guru.
For those new to the show, Julie is the bestselling author of three vegan cookbooks as well as an accomplished yogi, healer, musician, mom to four and host of the Divine Throughline podcast, where she muses metaphysical on living a life divine.
This is an open exchange that explores a number a themes:
- Recalibration in the aftermath of an extended period of creative output;
- Self-care and the growth that occurs when we hit pause;
- Navigating financial hardship;
- Practices to amplify creativity and authenticity
- The importance of owning your path
- Julie’s unique morning routine
- Healthy relationships and the broken prince-princess paradigm
- The lost art & power of ceremony and ritual; and
- how my sleeping in a tent impacts our marriage and intimacy
I sincerely hope you enjoy the offering.
Peace + Plants,
Images by Kurt Arrigo (Rich & Julie) and Leia Marasovich (Julie)
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Apple Podcasts | YouTube | Soundcloud | Stitcher | GooglePlay
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Four Sigmatic: A superfood company popularizing medicinal mushrooms by incorporating them in delicious mainstream products like coffee and hot cocoa. Visit www.foursigmatic.com/roll and enter the promo code ROLL at the checkout and save 15% on your order!
Squarespace: The easiest way to create a beautiful website, blog, or online store for you and your ideas. Save 10% at checkout when visit squarespace.com/richroll and use the coupon code “RICHROLL” at checkout.
MeUndies: This Valentine’s season, get 15% off your matching pair of the softest underwear you will ever wear, Free Shipping, and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee when you visit MeUndies.com/roll
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect with Julie: SriMati.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with Rich: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- Plantpower Retreats: ourplantpowerworld.com
- Julie’s Podcast: Divine Throughline
- Julie’s Music: SriMati
- Julie’s Jai Yoga Foundational Series
- Julie’s Book: This Cheese Is Nuts
- Rich and Julie’s Cookbooks: The Plantpower Way & The Plantpower Way: Italia
- Rich’s Memoir: Finding Ultra
- Mindbodygreen: 3 Ways To Start Living Your Most Authentic Life, Physically, Emotionally, & Spiritually by Julie Piatt
- Book: The Prophet* by Kahlil Gibran
Notable People Discussed
- Rob Bell: author, speaker, former pastor and 2x podcast guest
- Tim Ferriss: podcaster, public speaker, entrepreneur, multiple NYT bestselling author and podcast guest
- Lewis Howes: bestselling author, former pro athlete, USA Team Handball player, top 50 Podcast host and (2x) podcast guest
- Aubrey Marcus: experimentalist, entrepreneur, CEO of Onnit and podcast guest
- Kurt Arrigo: known as one of the world’s finest marine photographers; has been interacting with the sea for over 20 years
- Joe Rogan: stand-up comedian, color commentator, podcast host, and retired martial artist
- Sanjay Gupta: neurosurgeon and media reporter
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #360: Tom Scott On Curiosity, The Power Of Story & The Lost Art Of Conversation
- RRP #186: Jedidiah Jenkins: The Pursuit Of Wonder, The Power Of Story & Finding Truth In Adventure
- RRP #254: How To Build An Authentic Brand with Julie Piatt
- RRP #200: Let’s Talk About Death with Julie Piatt
- RRP #333: How To Build A Conscious Relationship with Julie Piatt
- RRP #343: Creative Partnerships with Julie Piatt
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering and production. Video, editing and graphics by Blake Curtis and Margo Lubin. Interstitial music by SriMati Music and Theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Check out The Plantpower Meal Planner — 1000’s of recipes at your fingertips!
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Subscribe & Review: iTunes | Stitcher | Soundcloud | TuneIn
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.