Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“Consciousness is a seed. A seed of infinity with no specific identity and the same vast potential as a seed.”
Newly rebranded from Guru Corner to Guru Multiverse — because after all the infinite has no sharp edges — today marks yet another deep dive with Guru Singh, my treasured friend and favorite wizard of all things mystical.
For those newer to the show, imagine a modern-day Gandalf who rocks like Hendrix while dropping pearls of wisdom that beautifully fuse Eastern mysticism with Western pragmatism.
A celebrated third-generation Sikh yogi, master spiritual teacher, author, and family man, for the past 40 years Guru Singh has been studying and teaching Kundalini Yoga. He is the author of several books, a powerful lecturer, and behind-the-scenes guide to many a luminary, including Fortune 500 CEOs, athletes, and artists.
A peer of rock legends like Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead, Guru Singh is also a talented musician who began his recording career on Warner Bros’ Reprise label in the 1960s. When he isn’t recording tracks with people like Seal, he’s bringing down the house on the daily at Yoga West, his Los Angeles home base.
Marking his 7th appearance on the show, today’s discourse is an adventure into the very nature of consciousness. It’s vast potential. And the potency it contains to both create and destroy.
Because everything that exists in the physical realm is but a manifestation of consciousness, it is this unseen force that is the truth of reality itself. Born as a seed, with the same potential to flower and proliferate.
Serving as an ethereal bookend to my recent and more scientific exploration of this subject with Annaka Harris (RRP #460), this discussion explores the spiritual nature, limitless mystery and interconnected design of that which defines everything. Consciousness — human, botanical, animal, elemental and universal. But more than anything, infinite.
In addition, we take the liberty of pulling on a few tangential threads, including the power of journaling, the explosion of cancel culture, the importance of maintaining a strong center point, and the transformative power of focusing on human commonalities over the differences that divide us.
As always, Guru Singh takes us out with a song, so make sure to stick around to the end.
You can watch it all go down on YouTube. And as always, the conversation streams wild and free on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Apple Podcasts | YouTube | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Living Tea: Founded by friend and podcast guest Colin Hudon, Living Tea provides world’s finest rare, hand-selected, old-growth teas collected by hand and sourced from the remote corners of China, Taiwan and Malaysia. To learn more about Living Tea and the ‘Way of Tea’, visit livingtea.net/richroll and enjoy a 15% discount on your order.
Squarespace: The easiest way to create a beautiful website, blog, or online store for you and your ideas. Save 10% at checkout when visit squarespace.com/richroll and use the offer code “RICHROLL” at checkout.
ROKA Eyewear: Cutting-Edge Eyewear & Apparel Built For Top Performance. We Don’t Cut Corners. Ultralight Construction. Arms-Up® Design. Official USAT Partner. Ultimate Triathlon Gear. To save 20% on a new pair of killer sunglasses or prescription eyewear, go to ROKA.com/RICHROLL
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Rich Roll x Paul Hawken LIVE @ The Wilshire Ebell Theatre, Los Angeles September 27, 2019 — tickets now available to the general public
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect With Guru Singh: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Guru Singh’s Los Angeles-based Yoga center Yoga West
- Guru Singh Podcast on iTunes
- Guru Singh on YouTube
- Guru Singh: Online Classes
- Awaken: Articles by Guru Singh
- Awaken: Awaken Interviews Kundalini Yoga Master Guru Singh – Awakening Is a Spectral Process
- PositivelyPositive: Guru Singh On How To Stay Young [VIDEO]
- Book: Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind* by Annaka Harris
Books By Guru Singh
- Infinite Zero: Everything Comes from Nothing* by Guru Singh
- Buried Treasures: The Journey From Where You Are to Who You Are* by Guru Singh
- 108 Ways to Great Days: A Journey Through Journaling* by Guru Singh
- Angels Gather Here: Nine Angelic Aspects of Human Life on Planet Earth* by Guru Singh & Kevin Hutchings
- A Year of Prayer: 365 Inspirational Days (Volume 1)* by Guru Singh & Gurperkarma Khalsa
- Spiritual Pavement: Simple wisdom for the enlightened road (Volume 1)* by Guru Singh
- Spiritual Pavement: Volume Two: Simple wisdom for the enlightened road (Volume 2) by Guru Singh
Notable People Discussed
- Annaka Harris: New York Times bestselling author of Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind* and podcast guest
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #434: Guru Singh On Positivity — Why Receptivity Is The Better Path
- RRP #418: Guru Corner: Dare To Be You In A World That Values Conformity
- RRP #400: Guru Corner: How To Raise A Conscious Child With Guru Singh
- RRP #393: Guru Corner: Disrupting Depression With Guru Singh
- RRP #368: Guru Singh On Compassion, Discernment & The Primacy Of Self-Mastery
- RRP #332: Guru Singh on Building Emotional Infrastructure
- RRP #267: Guru Singh On The Power Of Cultivating Awareness
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for audio production, interstitial music and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics. Theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Rich Roll x Paul Hawken Live In Conversation – Click here for tickets
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Subscribe & Review: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Download Our Free App: Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements.
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.