“Spend time with your tribe. Having like-minded people who lift you up will change the trajectory of your path much faster than anything you can will in yourself.”
Welcome to another special mid-week conversation lifted from our recent retreat in Italy featuring Colin Hudon and Jennifer Ayres.
Wise beyond his years, Colin is a physician of Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as a talented herbalist, acupuncturist, tea master, and founder of Living Tea, which sources and imports the finest and rarest old-growth teas and teaware in the world.
A gift to humanity, Jennifer is an Ayurvedic Health Practitioner and teacher certified by perhaps the world’s most lauded Ayurvedic doctor, writer, and teacher Dr. Vasant Lad.
Longtime listeners will recall both of these friends and incredible humans have previously graced the show. If you’re new to the podcast and enjoy today’s exchange I urge you to check out Colin & Jennifer together in an episode entitled Heal Thyself (RRP #261) and Colin alone from (RRP #319).
Today they reunite to share a wide variety of insights on the benefits of supplementing our Western approach to medicine with ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic approaches to holistic health, disease prevention and healing. We discuss the similarities and differences between these respective approaches and enetertain audience Q&A on many other finer points of mindfully optimizing functional well-being.
LivingTea Discount: To honor his appearance on the show, Colin is kindly offering a 15% discount on his Seasonal Tea Club subscription service, which sends out 3 to 5 old-growth, hand-curated rare teas and reading material that details what’s special about the teas, how to brew them, as well as ideal foods, herbs and lifestyle recommendations from a Chinese Medicine perspective. To avail yourself of this deal, visit livingtea.net and enter RICHROLL (all caps) at checkout. Also, subscribe to the Living Tea newsletter for discounts in September when Colin returns from Asia with new teas. Disclaimer: This is not an ad or paid endorsement. I get absolutely nothing out of this other than the satisfaction that you will enjoy incredible tea.
Live Screening & Podcast Event: At 7:30 pm on August 23 I will be hosting a premiere screening of Running For Good: The Fiona Oaks Story at the Laemmle Royal Theatre in West Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful portrait of an amazing and under appreciated athlete and activist by Cowspiracy and What The Health director Keegan Kuhn. Immediately following the screening I will be conducting a live in-theatre podcast with both Fiona and Keegan. It’s going to be a great evening and tickets are going fast, so grab them now here.
It was an honor to have Colin and Jennifer join us on retreat and it is my pleasure to share their copious wisdom with you today.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Background, Context & Reference
- Jennifer Ayres: Website | Instagram
- Colin Hudon / Living Tea: Instagram | Facebook | Website
- Living Tea: 10 Qualities of a Fine Tea
- Living Tea: Music and Tea
- Living Tea: Diet, The Way of Tea and Living in Harmony by Colin Hudon – Qing Yu
- Living Tea: Chinese Medicine and Red Tea by Colin Hudon – Qing Yu
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing* by Dr. Vasant Lad
- The Biodynamics of Osteopathy, An Introductory Overview (Biodynamics of Osteopathy in the Cranial Field)* by James Jealous D.O.
- The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine: A New Translation of the Neijing Suwen with Commentary* by Maoshing Ni
- MindBodyGreen: Ayurveda & Dosha Types for Beginners by Nadya Andreeva
- NCBI: Visualization And Quantitative Analysis Of Pulse Diagnosis In Ayurveda
- SacredLotus: The 29 Pulses in Chinese Medicine (TCM) Pulse Diagnosis
- The Numinous: Magic In Each Sip: How To Host A Living Tea Ceremony by Madeline Giles
- Chinese Medicine Living: The “Hippocratic” Oath of China’s King of Medicine, Sun Simiao
- New Normal Project: Podcast Episode 27: Colin Hudon – Anything coffee can do for you tea can do better
- TED Talk: What if our healthcare system kept us healthy? by Rebecca Onie
- VIDEO: Let’s Talk About Meditation by Rich Roll
- VIDEO: What Is Balance? by Rich Roll
Notable People Discussed
- Dr. Vasant Lad: world-renown authority on Ayurveda
- Stephen & David Flynn (a.k.a. The Happy Pear): authors, entrepreneurs, wellness activists and multiple podcast guests
- Dr. Gabor Maté: physician & podcast guest specializing in neurology, psychiatry, psychology & the study and treatment of addiction
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #319: Let’s Talk About Balance (with Colin Hudon)
- RRP #261: Heal Thyself (with Colin Hudon, Jennifer Ayers and Angela Bäuml-Nicolas)
- RRP #87: WuDe: Zen & The Art & Importance Of Living Tea
- RRP #151: The Zen Of WuDe – Meditations On Buddhist Philosophy, Gratitude & The Art Of Being
- RRP #298: Meditation Master Sharon Salzberg On Real Love & The Art Of Mindful Connection
- RRP #284: Leo Babauta’s Mission To End Human Struggle — Ruminations On Suffering, Simplicity & The Power Of Mindfulness
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production and show notes. Interstitial music by SriMati, Video, editing and graphics by Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis. Reece Robinson for portraits and photos. Theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.