“We can’t understand our own health or what it means to be healthy without understanding the context of our lives.”
Welcome to a special mid-week episode of the podcast.
During our most recent Plantpower Italia retreat, we hosted a panel discussion on the subject of holistic health and alternative healing modalities. I’m glad we decided to record it, and I’m excited to share it with you today.
The three-person panel is comprised of:
- Angela Bäuml-Nicolas – Osteopath & physiotherapist practicing in southern Germany;
- Jennifer Ayres – Ayurvedic Health Practitioner and teacher certified by the internationally known Ayurvedic doctor, writer, and teacher Dr. Vasant Lad; and
- Colin Hudon – Physician of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and founder of Living Tea, which imports some of the finest living teas in the world from Taiwan and China.
In addition to covering the panelists’ various areas of practice, this is a super engaging round table conversation designed to get you thinking pro-actively about long-term health, disease prevention and the power we all hold and exert over the quality of our well-being.
Specific topics covered include:
- being present in life
- connectedness between mind, body, emotions & spirit
- relationship to nature & ill health
- digestive health and Ayurveda
- emotional connection to food
- biodynamics, craniosacral therapy, & embryology
- traditional Chinese medicine
- genetic determinants & environmental factors
- seasonal foods that nourish the body
- custom cleansing for the individual
- Ayurvedic & Chinese medicine pulse reading
- supplements & key nutrients
- navigating holistic medicine in the western world
I sincerely hope you enjoy the exchange!
Peace + Plants,
Spots are now available for Plantpower Austraila, Feb. 20-27, 2017. For info visit plantpowerworld.com
Check out Julie’s podcast divine throughline
Thanks to this week’s sponsor:
StrideHealth: The first health insurance recommendation engine tuned & tailored to the life of the individual. Find the perfect health plan for you—go to www.stridehealth.com/roll and save over $400 for the year. It’s easy coverage in 10 minutes or less, built just for people like us.
Background, Context & Reference
- Colin Hudon: livingtea.net
- Jennifer Ayres: bloominglotusayurveda.com
- The Biodynamics of Osteopathy, An Introductory Overview (Biodynamics of Osteopathy in the Cranial Field)* by James Jealous D.O.
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing* by Dr. Vasant Lad
- The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine: A New Translation of the Neijing Suwen with Commentary* by Maoshing Ni
- RainbowLight Prenatal One Mulitivitamin*
- Floradix Iron & Vitamin Formula Liquid*
- MindBodyGreen: Ayurveda & Dosha Types for Beginners by Nadya Andreeva
- NCBI: Visualization And Quantitative Analysis Of Pulse Diagnosis In Ayurveda
- SacredLotus: The 29 Pulses in Chinese Medicine (TCM) Pulse Diagnosis
- FindaSpring.com is a community and user created database of natural springs around the world
Notable People Discussed
- Dr. Vasant Lad: world-renown authority on Ayurveda
- Dr. James Jealous: American osteopathic doctor widely known for his concept of “The Biodynamics of Osteopathy”
- Andrew Taylor Still: founder of osteopathy and osteopathic medicine
- William Garner Sutherland: American osteopathic physician and important figure in American osteopathic medicine
- James Lovelock: independent scientist, environmentalist and futurist best known for proposing the Gaia hypothesis, which postulates that the Earth functions as a self-regulating system
- Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, interstitial music and audio engineering; Chris Swan for production assistance & show notes; Shawn Patterson for graphics. Theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our brand new Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.