“Diversity is one of the biggest things we need to celebrate – we can learn so much from other people.”
Ever wonder what it would be like to get paid to travel the world, jetting from one exotic port of call to the next in search of adventure?
Now imagine sharing these experiences with millions of people all over the world on the daily.
Few could pull this off. But if you feel the allure, then you’re in for a treat with this week’s guest — because Louis Cole is the master.
With almost 2 million subscribers on his Fun For Louis YouTube channel (plus 1.5 million on Instagram), this British-born dreadlocked globetrotter was one of the first (if not the very first) daily travel vloggers to break out — an internet personality so sensational, YouTube crown prince Casey Neistat (RRP 73, 144 & 174) dubbed Louis the godfather of daily vlogging.
Louis has crossed India on a rickshaw and skydived high above Dubai. He has skateboarded along Sydney Harbor and sailed a hot air balloon in Kenya. From kayaking in New Zealand to salsa dancing in Cuba, it’s just another day of fun for Louis — a guy committed to sucking the marrow out of life.
But the true allure of Louis isn’t travel. And it isn’t vlogging.
No, Louis’ greatest talent is his ability to inspire wonder. Imbued with a rare enthusiasm for embracing all that life delivers, he has an infectious touch when it comes to encouraging his followers to pursue big dreams while he enjoys his own.
After a brief training progress report with my coach Chris Hauth, this week I sit down with Louis to find out exactly how he created such an extraordinary life.
This is a conversation about cultivating imagination, then translating that imagination into reality. It’s about the mindset, tools and practices required to craft the trajectory of your wildest dreams. And to embrace the life you deserve.
An old soul with a big heart, Louis is a truly beautiful guy. I sincerely hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I enjoyed having it.
Peace + Plants,
Join us for our next retreat at Ballyvolane in Ireland, July 24-31, 2017. For more information visit ourplantpowerworld.com
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Connect With Louis
Background, Context & Reference
- Louis & LTA: Live The Adventure Club
- Fun For Louis Map: Where Has Louis Been?
- London Real: Louis Cole – Fun For Louis
- Huffington Post: Louis Cole Spends Life Traveling The World – And He Doesn’t Pay A Penny by Rachel Moss
- Elite Daily: This Man Lived More This Year Than You Have Your Entire Life And He Has The Video To Prove It by Eddie Jacob
- We The Unicorns: Louis Cole Is On A Mission To Save The Planet
- Red Bull: 5 Adventure YouTubers You Should Be Watching
- Huffington Post: The Solvey Project by David Erasmus
- BuzzFeed: This Man Is Taking A Never-Ending Gap Year Thanks To YouTube by Richard James
- Guardian: YouTube star Louis Cole denies making propaganda films for North Korea by Elena Cresci
- Mashable: YouTuber Louis Cole responds to outrage over his North Korea travel videos by Saba Hamedy
- Documentary: Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret* Groundbreaking Environmental Film
- Daily Mail: RSPCA launch cruelty probe after man eats goldfish alive in shocking YouTube stunt
- Guardian: The man who eats live animals by Oliver Thring
Notable People Discussed
- Chris Hauth: Top endurance coach, current age group Ironman World Champion, former Olympic Swimmer and Rich’s personal coach
- Casey Neistat: YouTube personality, filmmaker, vlogger, and Beme co-founder
- Ben Brown: Former athlete, YouTuber, film maker & photographer
- Finn Harries (Chief Designer) & Jack Harries (Chief Film Maker) of JacksGap travel vlog
- Chris Gillebeau: Author, blogger speaker and unconventional Strategies for Life, Work, and Travel
- David Erasmus: Social entrepreneur and serial founder. (See The Solvey Project & Givey.com)
- PewDiePie: Swedish web-based comedian, video producer and popular YouTube vlogger.
- Kip Anderson & Kegan Kuhn: Filmakers of Cowspiracy* & What The Health*
- Tim Shieff: Professional English Freerunner, 2009 Barclaycard World Freerun Champ.
- Jamie Oliver: British celebrity chef, restaurateur and entrepreneur.
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #73: Casey Neistat On Making It Count
- RRP #144: Casey Neistat’s Absolute Disregard For Failure — And The Imperative To Define Your Own Path
- RRP #174: Don’t Listen To Anyone: Casey Neistat On Trusting Your Instincts & The Principles That Guide A Creative Life
- RRP #247: The Art of Non-Conformity With Chris Gillebeau
- RRP #176: Cowspiracy: How Animal Agriculture Is Destroying The Planet & What You Can Do About It
- RRP #91: “Cowspiracy”: The Devastating Global Impact Of Industrialized Animal Agriculture On The Health Of Our Planet
- RRP #145: The Spirit Of Timothy Shieff — Freerunning The Practice Of Being & Living Transparently
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.