Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
“Be aware of the ignorance without judging the ignorance.”
Making his 9th appearance on the podcast, today marks another mind-bending deep dive into the multiverse with Guru Singh, my treasured friend and favorite wizard of all things mystical.
For those newer to the show, imagine a modern-day Gandalf who rocks like Hendrix while dropping pearls of wisdom that beautifully fuse Eastern mysticism with Western pragmatism.
A celebrated third-generation Sikh yogi, master spiritual teacher, author, and family man, for the past 40 years Guru Singh has been studying and teaching Kundalini Yoga. He is the author of several books, a powerful lecturer, and behind-the-scenes guide to many a luminary, including Fortune 500 CEOs, athletes, and artists.
Guru Singh is also a talented musician who rocked alongside Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead in the 1960s. When he isn’t recording tracks with people like Seal, he’s bringing down the house on the daily at Yoga West, his Los Angeles home base.
The focus of today’s discourse? Awareness.
We talk about the importance of self care, crucial as we near the pressures that accompany the holiday season.
We discuss cancel culture. The critical distinction between awareness and judgment. And empathy versus endorsement.
And we dive into the incredible power of awareness to cultivate an objectivity about ourselves, others and the world we inhabit.
As always, Guru Singh takes us out with a song, so make sure to stick around to the end.
You can watch it all go down on YouTube. And as always, the conversation streams wild and free on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Apple Podcasts | YouTube | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Outerknown: For the people and the planet, Outerknown was founded by pro surfer Kelly Slater to provide high quality, environmentally sustainable clothes that fit great and are made to endure. Visit: Outerknown.com today and enter promo code RICHROLL at checkout to receive 25% OFF your full price order.
Skillshare: Fuel Your Curiosity, Creativity and Career with Classes in Design, Business, and More. Join More Than 7 Million Creators Learning with Skillshare. Start Your 2 Free Months Now! Offline viewing. Taught by Experts. No commitments. Free classes. Visit: Skillshare.com/RICHROLL to get two months of unlimited access to thousands of classes for free.
StrideHealth: The first health insurance recommendation engine tuned & tailored to the life of the individual. Find the perfect health plan for you. A reminder that the December 15 enrollment deadline is creeping up quick, so to learn more, go to stridehealth.com/richroll. It’s easy coverage in 10 minutes or less, built just for people like us.
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect With Guru Singh: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Guru Singh’s Los Angeles-based Yoga center Yoga West
- Guru Singh Podcast on iTunes
- Guru Singh on YouTube
- Guru Singh: Online Classes
- Awaken: Articles by Guru Singh
- Awaken: Awaken Interviews Kundalini Yoga Master Guru Singh – Awakening Is a Spectral Process
Books By Guru Singh
- Infinite Zero: Everything Comes from Nothing* by Guru Singh
- Buried Treasures: The Journey From Where You Are to Who You Are* by Guru Singh
- 108 Ways to Great Days: A Journey Through Journaling* by Guru Singh
- Angels Gather Here: Nine Angelic Aspects of Human Life on Planet Earth* by Guru Singh & Kevin Hutchings
- A Year of Prayer: 365 Inspirational Days (Volume 1)* by Guru Singh & Gurperkarma Khalsa
- Spiritual Pavement: Simple wisdom for the enlightened road (Volume 1)* by Guru Singh
- Spiritual Pavement: Volume Two: Simple wisdom for the enlightened road (Volume 2) by Guru Singh
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #468: Guru Multiverse: The Seed Of Infinity: Guru Singh On Consciousness
- RRP #434: Guru Singh On Positivity — Why Receptivity Is The Better Path
- RRP #418: Guru Corner: Dare To Be You In A World That Values Conformity
- RRP #400: Guru Corner: How To Raise A Conscious Child With Guru Singh
- RRP #393: Guru Corner: Disrupting Depression With Guru Singh
- RRP #368: Guru Singh On Compassion, Discernment & The Primacy Of Self-Mastery
- RRP #332: Guru Singh on Building Emotional Infrastructure
- RRP #267: Guru Singh On The Power Of Cultivating Awareness
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering, interstitial music and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics. Theme music by Ana Leimma.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
for 1000s of delicious, customized plant-based recipes & so much more, check out our Plantpower Meal Planner
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Subscribe & Review: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Google Podcasts
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”