“If you have ever had one single thought that you wanted something more for your life, please heed that thought. I believe it is the voice of your own heart asking you to become whole again.”
Addiction doesn’t discriminate. It doesn’t care how smart you are or how much money you have. Left unchecked, it will destroy your career, decimate your relationships, asphyxiate your aspirations and ultimately bankrupt your soul until you are but a shell of a human being — totally lost, devoid of hope and utterly alone.
I’ve been there. Tommy Rosen has been there too.
By the grace of a power greater than ourselves, both Tommy and I found a way out. A solution for sobriety that slowly pieced us back together, made us whole and gave our lives purpose.
That solution is the focus of today’s conversation.
With over twenty-four years of continuous sobriety, Tommy is an addiction recovery expert who has spent the last two decades immersed in yoga, recovery and wellness.
He is the author of Recovery 2.0: Move Beyond Addiction and Upgrade Your Life&*, and the founder and host of the Recovery 2.0: Beyond Addiction Online Conference. In addition, he holds certifications in both Kundalini and Hatha Yoga and leads Recovery 2.0 retreats and workshops internationally and presents regularly at yoga conferences and festivals.
This is a conversation about Tommy’s remarkable path to recovery.
It’s an intense and at times profound discourse on the ravages of addiction and alcoholism.
And it’s a master class on the healing journey to becoming whole through the lens of Tommy’s expertise, which is utilizing yoga and meditation to empower people to free themselves from the prison of addiction and ultimately build purposeful, fulfilling lives.
If you are suffering from some form of addiction, this episode is a must listen. Even if you’re not an addict, I encourage you to embrace this conversation as a means to better understand the affliction, as chances are you probably know someone in need of help,
I sincerely hope you enjoy this powerful exchange.
Peace + Plants,
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
Boll & Branch: The first honest and transparent bedding company that only uses sustainable and responsible methods of sourcing and manufacturing. Go to BollandBranch.com today for $50 off your first set of sheets by typing in promo code “RICHROLL”.
Harrys.com: A superior shave at an affordable price. Friends of the Rich Roll Podcast can visit Harrys.com/ROLL to redeem your Free Trial Set, which comes with a razor, five-blade cartridge, shaving gel, and post shave gel. All you pay is shipping.
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect With Tommy: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Vimeo | YouTube
- Book: RECOVERY 2.0: Move Beyond Addiction and Upgrade Your Life* by Tommy Rosen
- Online Program: Recovery 2.0 Online Conference
- Podcast: The Recovery 2.0 Power Hour with Tommy Rosen
- Huffington Post: Articles by Tommy Rosen
- LA YOGA: Articles by Tommy Rosen
- Elephant Journal: Ayahuasca By Any Other Name by Tommy Rosen
- Yoga Journal: 5 Yoga Teachers Who Overcame Addiction
- Kripalu: Turning Point Q&A with Tommy Rosen
- Kripalu: An Ex-Addict and a Dog Named Sheba by Tommy Rosen
- Kripalu: How I Fell in Love with Yoga by Tommy Rosen
- YouTube: Hanuman Heroes – Identify Your Seva + Dharma with Tommy Rosen
- Spirituality & Health: Moving from Fear to Love An interview with addiction recovery expert Tommy Rosen by Robin Stremlow
- The Fix: The Next Phase in Recovery—The Tommy Rosen Solution
- Mind Body Green: Yoga & Recovery: Q & A with Tommy Rosen by Jason Wachob
Notable People Discussed
- Dr. Gabor Maté: physician, specializes in neurology, psychiatry, psychology, and the study and treatment of addiction. (podcast guest)
- Noah Levine: Buddhist teacher, counselor and the author
- Nikki Myers: yoga therapist, teacher and somatic experiencing practitioner who founded Y12SR
- Guru Prem Singh: Yoga teacher, KRI-certified as a Trainer of Teachers of Kundalini Yoga
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #188: Addiction Is Not A Choice: Dr. Gabor Maté’s Call For A Compassionate & Holistic Approach To Healing
- RRP: #227: Steve-O (+ His Dad!) On Fame, Reinvention & The Journey To Finding Fulfillment From Within
- RRP #228: Chris Davis Should Be Dead – Life As A Sober Warrior
- RRP #175: How Adam Sud Lost 100 Pounds, Kicked Adderall, Reversed His Diabetes & Found A Life
- RRP #248: From Crack Addict To Running The Sahara To Prison Hero — Charlie Engle’s Third Act
- RRP #067: Charlie Engle On Sobriety, Prison & His Quest To Become The Fastest Human To Run Across The United States
- RRP #213: Joseph Naus’ Straight Pepper Diet: How A Sex Addicted Lawyer Who Lost Everything Found Salvation
- RRP #206: Forgot To Die: Khalil Rafati’s Journey From Homeless Junkie To Wellness Entrepreneur
- RRP #027: Mishka Shubaly On The Long Run To Sobriety
- RRP #182: Jeff Castelaz On Music As A Weapon
- RRP #113: David Clark On Conquering Alcoholism & Badwater
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
Join us for our next retreat at Ballyvolane in Ireland, July 24-31, 2017. For more information visit ourplantpowerworld.com
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.