Welcome to ‘Roll On’, the semi-bi-weekly version of the podcast where we ramble on matters of interest across culture, sports, art, literature, politics, self-betterment, and more.
As always, my co-host is Mr. Adam Skolnick, an activist, veteran journalist, and David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam writes about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is also the author of One Breath and still uses the ‘new dad’ excuse to avoid working on his novel.
Today we celebrate episode 700 (700!) with an update on personal goings on, cover headlines from the world of endurance, share highlights from recent travels, banter on wealth inequality, answer a few listener questions, and more.
“Use your platform to speak your truth—but not for the purpose of monetizing strife.”
– RICH ROLL
Specific topics discussed in today’s episode include:
- Rich’s recent visit to London;
- centenarian Mike Fremont’s meal plan;
- headlines from the world of obscure sports: swimming, ultrarunning & freediving;
- thoughts on 20-somethings prioritizing experience over career;
- the cultural implications behind the recent attack of Salman Rushdie;
- wealth inequality (and the Sydney Sweeney backlash);
- culture war profiteering;
- the impact of the internet on journalism, discourse & focus; and
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you balance accomplishing your goals with meeting the needs of your loved ones and family?
- Is it unrealistic to look for a partner that aligns with all of your values?
Thank you to Adam from Fort Collins and Anita From New Zealand for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change II'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
GoMacro: Packed with 100% sustainably sourced plant-based ingredients to fuel your body and mind, GoMacro bars are organic, vegan, gluten-free, and wildly delicious. These are my all-time favorite bars—get your hands on some at gomacro.com and use the promo code RichRoll for 30% OFF plus free shipping on all orders over $50.
LMNT: A science-backed electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. The formula is super high-caliber, it’s plant-based with no sugar, fillers, gluten or sketchy ingredients. Right now LMNT is offering my listeners a free sample pack with any purchase—that’s 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order. Try it out at drinkLMNT.com/RICHROLL
Whoop: The world’s most powerful fitness tracker is now waterproof. Designed to be worn 24/7, the advanced WHOOP 4.0 is lightweight and minimal so nothing gets in the way of a snatch, swing, or stride. Get the WHOOP 4.O at WHOOP.com and use the code RICHROLL at checkout to get 15% off.
Birch Living: The best, most affordable, organic, and sustainable mattresses on the market with a 100-night risk-free trial. 1% of each purchase is donated to the National Forest Foundation and Birch purchases carbon offsets for each mattress sold. For 400$ off ALL mattresses + 2 Eco Rest Pillows visit birchiving.com/richroll.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Rich Roll Podcast: Twitter | Instagram
- Voicing Change II: http://richroll.com/books
- Book: Finding Ultra
- Rich Roll: Newsletter
- Documentary: Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Twitter: A thread about pursuing a dream and never giving up.
- YouTube: The Porsche mindset: Sportmade
- Download: Mike Fremont Meal Plan
- YouTube: David Popovici WR | Men’s 100m Freestyle Final
- Marathon Investigation: Analysis of Ashley Paulson’s Record-Setting Badwater 135 Race
- Beck of the Pack: Ashley Paulson is a misdirection queen who has worked hard for the right to be mistrusted and scorned
- Badwater: Badwater 135: Big Fish In A Small Pond, Beware!
- Athlinks: Leadville Trail 100 Run
- Outside: Trail Runner’s Guide to UTMB 2022
- Instagram: Orlando Bloom post
- NPR: Arnaud Jerald world record freedive
- Instagram: Rich’s viral Rainn Wilson video
- Defector: The Money Is In All The Wrong Places
- New York Times: I Didn’t Want It to Be True, but the Medium Really Is the Message
- New York Times: Willie Nelson’s Long Encore
- New York Post: Carriage horse was ‘in distress’ hours before collapsing on NYC street: witness
- New York Times: American Literature Loses Out To Consolidation
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production, show notes and interstitial music; with additional audio engineering by Cale Curtis and additional music by Moby; Blake Curtis & Dan Drake for video, & editing; graphics by Jessica Miranda & Daniel Solis; portraits by Davy Greenberg & Grayson Wilder; the copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt, Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.