Why is creativity vital? What is the nature of culture? And why is pursuing happiness futile?
Today we tackle this terrain and so much more in today’s rendition of ‘Roll On,’ wherein myself and my undefeated podcast co-pilot Adam Skolnick ‘get back’ to our original old school format.
Aside from serving as my magnanimous sidecar hype-beast, Adam Skolnick is an activist and veteran journalist best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me, co-author. Adam writes about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently using the ‘new dad’ excuse to avoid working on his novel.
“Happiness is the byproduct of doing meaningful things, not an end to be pursued.”
– RICH ROLL
Today’s discussion includes the following topics:
- Remembering British photojournalist Tom Stoddart & Australian swimmer Jason Plummer;
- The ascent of Norwegian triathlon dominance;
- The Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery verdicts;
- Oscar Pistorius’ prison transfer & restorative justice;
- Lawsuits involving Tyson Foods and Impossible Foods;
- Toby Morse’s new children’s book ‘One Life One Chance’; and
- ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ & ‘The Velvet Underground; documentaries
As always, we close things out by taking a few listener questions. Today we answer:
- How do optimize your caloric intake for recovery when intermittent fasting?
- Is happiness something that can realistically be achieved?
- How do you draw a line between people-pleasing and living a life of service?
Thank you to Al from Washington D.C., Kendall from Boulder, Colorado, and Abby from Colorado for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Special SriMu Offer: For a limited time, Julie is kindly offering all of you a special offer on her SriMu plant-based cheese for the holidays. Visit SriMu.com and enter code RRP22 at checkout and receive 22% off any product. Don’t delay, the offer ends December 13th, 2021.
Enjoy the show!
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
SriMu: thoughtfully crafted artisinal plant-based cheese. Enter code RRP22 at checkout and receive 22% off.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Rich Roll Crossword Puzzle
- Podcast: A Little More Good
- The Guardian: Tom Stoddard Obituary
- SwimSwam: Australian Commonwealth Games Champion Jason Plummer Dies at 52
- SF Gate: Swimmers back Stanford coach / Past, present athletes say he puts team first, but criticize his deletion of records
- Triathlete: The Training Secrets Behind the Norwegians’ Phenomenal Ironman Debuts
- Triathlete: Last Weekend Now: Blummenfelt’s Sizzling Ironman Debut, Rough Water in South Africa
- Triathlete: The Icemen Cometh
- Tri247: Pushing the boundaries: Kristian Blummenfelt on Sub7 plan
- ESPN: Oscar Pistorius in prison transfer ahead of Steenkamp parole meeting
- Book: Extraordinary Women: Images of Courage, Endurance & Defiance
- Complaint: Food Chain Workers Alliance et al. v. Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Bloomberg: ‘Impossible’ Foods Mark Dispute Tossed On Jurisdictional Grounds
- Impossible HQ: Statement on Impossible Foods Lawsuit | IMPOSSIBLE ®
- Toby Morse’s Children’s Book: One Life One Chance
- Documentary: The Velvet Underground
- Documentary: The Beatles: Get Back
- The Guardian: Tom Stoddart obituary
- Men’s Health: The Doctor, The Dictator, And The Deadly Mosquito
- The New York Review: Their Lives on the Line
- Daily Show: This Rittenhouse Trial Bailiff Is Done (feat. Roy Wood Jr.)
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production, show notes and interstitial music; with additional audio engineering by Cale Curtis and additional music by Moby; Blake Curtis & Dan Drake for video, & editing; graphics by Jessica Miranda & Daniel Solis; portraits by Davy Greenberg & Grayson Wilder; the copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt, Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.