How does one best prepare for a fitness challenge? What is the real value of testing one’s outer limits? And what constitutes true endurance?
These are but a few of the questions explored in today’s edition of Roll On, wherein Adam Skolnick and I blather on matters both pertinent and possibly irrelevant. We share good news and bad. We perform some show and tell. And as always, we answer listener questions.
For those new to the podcast, Adam Skolnick is an activist and veteran journalist best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me, co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
- David Goggins’ 4 x 4 x 48 challenge;
- proper endurance training;
- what endurance teaches us about ourselves;
- Rich’s Instagram mask controversy;
- the rise of Clubhouse and the future of audio talk shows; and
- World Surf League’s ‘We Are One Ocean’ campaign
“An endurance challenge is a lever for personal growth. What’s most critical is how you evolve and grow as a result of the attempt.”
– RICH ROLL
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you release anger and resentment?
- How do you find a partner with a similar lifestyle and goals (within a pandemic)?
- What is your leadership philosophy? How do you show up for your team?
Thank you to Adam from Santa Monica, Madeleine from Redondo Beach, and Elizabeth from Nanaimo British Columbia for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
Seed: Stewarding the future of how we will use bacteria to restore and sustain human and planetary health, Seed’s Daily Synbiotic combines 24 clinically-verified and naturally-occurring, probiotic strains with plant-based prebiotics. Visit seed.com/RICHROLL to learn more.
Native: Safe, effective protection against odor & wetness. For both men & women, Native is deodorant that isn’t a chemistry experiment–no aluminum, parabens, phthalates or talc. Visit nativedeo.com/roll or use promo code roll at checkout, and get 20% off your first order.
Whoop: The world’s most powerful fitness tracker. Get smarter about how you sleep, recover, and train, so you can unlock your best self. Go to WHOOP.com and use the promo code Richroll at checkout to save 15% off WHOOP.
Ritual: Ritual is the multivitamin, reimagined. I take it every morning, and I love that it’s clean, vegan-friendly formula is made with key nutrients in forms your body can actually use—no GMOs, synthetic fillers or other shady extras. You deserve to know what’s in your multivitamin. That’s why Ritual is offering my listeners 10% off during your first 3 months. Visit ritual.com/RICHROLL to start your Ritual today.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- YouTube: Rich Roll Podcast Clips Channel
- New York Times: Silicon Valley’s Safe Space
- New York Times: Facebook Is Said to Be Building a Product to Compete With Clubhouse
- Vice: The Problem With Clubhouse
- The Verge: Apple, Spotify, and the impossible problem of moderating shows
- Atreyu Running: About
- Cherrico Pottery: “Kothon” Spartan Warrior Mugs
- We Are One Ocean: 30 X 30 Petition
- World Surf League: We Are One Ocean Q&A
- David Goggins: 4x4x48 Challenge | March 5, 2021
- Sufferfest Story: Billy Yang’s 48 Hours Goggins Challenge
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers & Davy Greenberg; copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.