Perhaps you thought 2021 might bring some return to normalcy. So far we have the Capitol insurrection, GameStonk and Jewish Laser Beams. We need to talk.
After a much-needed break, Roll On returns with my hype man Adam Skolnick, an activist and veteran journalist perhaps best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
We are also mixing up the format with two special guests, Arthur Jones & Giorgio Angelini, the filmmakers behind Feels Good Man (and RRP 576). Serving as our internet culture decoder ring, the lads join the show to help make sense of recent events’ insanity.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
- the importance of taking a sabbatical;
- the Capitol insurrection & the impact on the GOP;
- how Reddit turned the stock market upside down;
- the future of stock market democratization;
- David Lynch’s absurd yet wonderfully soothing weather reports;
- Ultra-runner Jim Walmsley’s 100k American record; and
- How Nepalese climbers reached the summit of K2 in the winter for the first time.
“We’ve always been obsessed with apocalypse in America.”
– ARTHUR JONES
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do I focus & contribute when I’m so consumed by current events?
- How do I deal with colossal failure and set myself up for success?
- How did overcoming substance abuse change your mindset on fitness & life?
Thank you to Kevin from St. Louis, John from the Sierra Nevada, and Sarah from Phoenix for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
The visually inclined can watch our exchange on YouTube. And as always, the podcast streams wild and free on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
It’s good to be back!
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- YouTube: Rich Roll Podcast Clips Channel
- New York Times: How Climbers Reached the Summit of K2 in Winter for the First Time by Adam Skolnick
- Feels Good Man: Website | Apple+ | Amazon
- RRP 576: Feels Good Man: Arthur Jones & Giorgio Angelini
- Politico: The Education of Josh Hawley
- The Kansas City Star: What GOP primary? Josh Hawley focusing U.S. Senate bid ‘100 percent’ on McCaskill
- Business Insider: GOP Sen. Josh Hawley wrote a column in defense of militia members in the wake of Oklahoma City bombing when he was 15
- Business Insider: Elon Musk led a bizarre interview with Robinhood’s CEO, quizzing him about last week’s GameStop stock drama
- Deadline: MGM Lands Rights To Ben Mezrich’s Book Proposal ‘The Antisocial Network’; Would Chronicle Recent Wall Street-GameStop Chaos
- Deadline: Netflix Finalizing GameStop Stock Movie Package; Mark Boal In Talks To Write, Noah Centineo Attached, Scott Galloway To Consult
- New York Times: The GameStop Reckoning Was a Long Time Coming
- New York Times: The Misfits Shaking Wall Street
- New York Times: The Science of Reasoning With Unreasonable People
- CNET: Reddit still wants to send AMC, GameStop stock to the moon. Here’s how and what’s next
- New York Magazine: An Elegant Revolution Followed by Slaughter
- The Verge: David Lynch’s video weather reports from his bunker are surprisingly soothing
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Subscribe & Review: Please make sure to review, share comments and subscribe to the show on the various platforms (Apple Podcasts, YouTube & Spotify). This helps tremendously!
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers & Davy Greenberg; copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.