Election week. Healing the national divide. Environmental progress. Weekly wins. And, of course, listener questions. Welcome to another edition of Roll On.
Commanding co-host duties as always is my hype man Adam Skolnick, an activist and veteran journalist perhaps best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
- Recapping our whirlwind election week;
- Making sense of the 70 million votes for Trump and the implications this presents;
- Understanding Biden and the presidency to come;
- Bridging our cultural and political divide as a national imperative;
- Rich’s latest Esquire piece and thoughts on the writing process;
- Chris Nikic, the first athlete with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman Triathlon;
- and Rich’s newest offering, Voicing Change.
“Having meaningful conversations laced with nuance is a prerequisite for us moving forward as a healthy country.”
– RICH ROLL
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you stay focused on your journey and minimize distractions?
- How do you embrace change and take a step into the unknown?
- How do you make time for your partner as parents to young children?
Thank you to Frank from Southern California, Davin from South Florida, and Michelle from New Jersey for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & order now, click the button below.
Harrys: A superior shave at an affordable price. Right now, new U.S. customers can redeem a Harry’s Trial Set which includes a five-blade razor (featuring their new, sharper blades), a weighted handle, foaming shave gel with and a travel cover to protect your blade when you’re on the go. Go to harrys.com/ROLL to start saving and shaving today.
Birch Living: The best, most affordable, organic, and sustainable mattresses on the market with a 100 night risk-free trial. 1% of each purchase is donated to the National Forest Foundation and Birch purchases carbon offsets for each mattress sold. For $200 off ALL mattress orders, visit BirchLiving.com/RichRoll
Tracksmith: An independent running apparel brand that celebrates the competitive spirit and athletes dedicated to the pursuit of personal excellence with premium running equipment designed and crafted for racing and training in all conditions. To learn more visit Tracksmith.com/RichRoll and enter code Richroll at checkout to get $15 off your first purchase of $75 or more.
Athletic Greens: 75 whole food sourced ingredients designed to optimize 5 key areas of health, Athletic Greens is the delicious daily habit that sets you up for a healthy future. I take the packets everywhere I go. So invest in your health without compromise! Go to: athleticgreens.com/richroll and claim your special offer today: 20 FREE travel packs valued at $79 with your first purchase.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Adam’s Books: Can’t Hurt Me |One Breath
- Rob Bell: Writing Class
- Politico: America Is Eerily Retracing Rome’s Steps to a Fall (Donald Trump & Julius Caesar)
- Esquire: How to Survive the Next Few Weeks With Grace
- New York Times: I Am Shattered but Ready to Fight
- YouTube: Dave Chappelle SNL Stand-Up Monologue
- YouTube: Rodeo & Juliet | Real Time with Bill Maher
- VOX: How Joe Biden changed, and changed, and changed — and made it to the White House
- Barukas: Learn More
- CNN: A 21-year-old man has made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon
- Center For Food Safety: Federal Court Declares Genetically Engineered Salmon Unlawful
- Wolf Action Fund: Prop 114 Passes
- Wolf Connection: wolfconnection.org
- Book: Digital Minimalism
- Netflix: Working Moms
Here are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week:
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers and Davy Greenberg; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.