Managing holiday stress. Navigating different viewpoints. Connecting to gratitude. Weekly wins. And, of course, listener questions. Feels Good Man!
Roll On returns with my hype man Adam Skolnick, an activist and veteran journalist perhaps best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
- Cultivating gratitude through intentional practice;
- Plant-based holiday meal ideas;
- How to manage holiday stress & family disagreement;
- Alex Hutchinson’s essay on how to cope with challenges that have no end in sight;
- ‘Feels Good Man’ documentary on how a meme turned into an alt-right mascot;
- The terrifying capabilities of AI; and
- Alenka Artnik’s 114m world record free-dive in Egypt
“The only thing you can control in a stressful situation is your response to it. Respond from a place of grace.”
– RICH ROLL
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you cultivate true connection in the era of smartphones and social media?
- How do you raise plant-based children?
- How do you balance work, parenthood, and marriage while still making time for personal passions?
Thank you to Adrian from London, Daniel from Australia, and Carlos from Germany for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
The visually inclined can watch our exchange on YouTube. And as always, the podcast streams wild and free on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & order now, click the button below.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Adam’s Books: Can’t Hurt Me |One Breath
- Bonnie Tsui: Why We Swim
- Book: The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen
- Washington Post: Vegetarian and vegan main dishes to anchor your Thanksgiving menu
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Gluten Free Vegan Stuffing Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Vegan Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Vegan Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Almost Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Register: Truthsgiving Virtual Four Miler
- The Globe And Mail: COVID-19 is like running a marathon with no finish line. What does sports science say about how we can win it?
- Documentary: Feels Good Man
- New York Times: When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy
- New York Times: Designed to Deceive: Do These People Look Real to You?
- New York Times: She Dived More Than 300 Feet Under the Sea. Can She Go Deeper?
- Deeper Blue: Alenka Artnik Dives 114m To Set New Constant Weight Freediving World Record
- Runner’s World: RED-S Is a Real Problem for Some Runners—Here’s What You Need to Know
- Bloomberg Opinion: How Hydrogen Is and Isn’t the Future of Energy
- Fully: Standing desks, chairs, and ergonomic furniture
Here are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week:
Subscribe & Review: Please make sure to review, share comments and subscribe to the show on the various platforms (Apple Podcasts, YouTube & Spotify). This helps tremendously!
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers and Davy Greenberg; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.