“Wherever you are in life, ask yourself: what am I doing, why am I doing it and is it in the highest divine alignment with my authentic blueprint?”
Excerpted from the first day of our recent Plantpower Ireland retreat, this special mid-week episode of the podcast is a dynamic Q&A session focused on the process of self-inquiry necessary to objectively asses your life — a condition precedent to birthing expression to an authentic, purpose-fueled path premised on the values you hold most dear.
To place this conversation in proper context, the Q&A was preceded by a lengthy discussion (which I decided to not include so as not to overwhelm) on three fundamental questions specifically intended to help frame the assessment process:
- Who am I?
- If I had just 4 months to live, how would I spend that time?
- What would I like to have contributed when life my life is complete?
Journaling on the aforementioned is a powerful, highly recommended exercise for anyone seeking greater self-actualization. And this Q&A is an interactive discussion about the hows and whys that underpin these queries. Specific sub-topics include
- the power of self-forgiveness
- learning to love your faults
- how to better align your actions with your values; and
- the process of discovering and expressing your authentic voice
I sincerely hope you enjoy the exchange.
Peace + Plants,
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
DesignCrowd: Custom graphic, logo and web design from over 550,000 designers around the world! Get the perfect custom design, every time! Visit designcrowd.com/RICHROLL or enter promo code RICHROLL at checkout and receive up to $100 off your design project now!
Thrive Market: Your online market for super healthy food at 25-50% off retail shipped right to your home. Visit: thrivemarket.com/richroll and get an EXTRA 25% off on your first box of organic and non-GMO products — PLUS: free shipping!! Never pay full price for healthy food again.
- Listen to Julie’s Podcast: Divine Throughline
- Get Julie’s New Book: This Cheese Is Nuts! – Delicious Vegan Cheese At Home
- Check out Rich’s Book: Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming one of the World’s Fittest Men and Discovering Myself
- Check out Rich and Julie’s Book: The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes and Guidance for The Whole Family
- Documentary: “Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things”
- Book: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles* by Steven Pressfield
- Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life* by Mark Manson
Background, Context & Reference
- Russel Simmons: legendary Rap / Hip-hop artist, entrepreneur, producer, author and podcast guest
- Joshua Fields Milburn: Co-creator of “Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things” and podcast guest
- Eckhart Tolle: author, spiritual teacher and public speaker
- Tony Robbins: motivational speaker, personal finance instructor and self-help author
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #211: Russell Simmons: The Yogi Path From Hip Hop Mogul To Happy Vegan
- RRP #253: How To Be A Minimalist: Joshua Fields Millburn On The Power Of Living Deliberately & Contributing Beyond Ourselves
- RRP #274: Idea Architect Douglas Abrams: Cultivating Joy, Collaborating With Spiritual Masters & Elevating Consciousness
- RRP #280: Sydney Q&A – How To Be A Little Bit Better Today
- RRP #119: How To Pursue Your Dream When Your Partner Is Non-Supportive | Ask Me Anything
- RRP #151: The Zen Of WuDe – Meditations On Buddhist Philosophy, Gratitude & The Art Of Being
- RRP #87: WuDe: Zen & The Art & Importance Of Living Tea
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.