Welcome to the 2022 season finale of ‘Roll On’, our semi-bi-weekly version of the podcast where we indulge in some good-natured banter and ramble on matters of interest across culture, sports, politics, literature, art, self-betterment, and more.
My co-host is Mr. Adam Skolnick, an activist, veteran journalist, author of One Breath, and David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me and Never Finished co-author. Adam writes about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health.
Today Rich and Adam talk endurance news, concerning politics, streaming selects, answer listener questions, and more. Rich also expands on the lessons he’s learned after ten years of podcasting and the wisdom he’s gleaned from some of the brightest minds on the show.
“The universe conspires to support you when you put in the work.”
– RICH ROLL
Specific topics discussed in today’s episode include:
- Rich’s first Formula 1 experience;
- the way rugged individualism manifests in our world today;
- updates on the Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race;
- Nedd Brockmann and Paul Minter’s epic runs for charity;
- the alarming rise in anti-Semitism from Kanye to Kyrie; and
- Rich’s reflection on turning 56 & the lessons he’s learned from a decade of podcasting
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- What steps do you take to write and publish a book?
- How do you better retain and retrieve information?
- How do you maintain relationships and balance athletic pursuits?
Thank you to Antonia from Petaluma, Hilary from St. Petersburg, Florida, Rich from Rockford, Illinois, and Zack from Eastern Washington for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
The visually inclined can watch today’s show on YouTube. And as always, the podcast streams wild and free on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Special SriMu Offer: in a gesture of gratitude for listening and watching, Julie is kindly offering a special discount on her SriMu plant-based cheese. Visit SriMu.com and enter code RRP18 at checkout and receive 18% off. If you are ordering for Thanksgiving, make sure to place your order on or before November 13th, 2022. If you want it delivered in time for Christmas, the order deadline is December 11th, 2022.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change II'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
Ten Thousand: The world’s most durable training shorts + kits, built for your needs and designed for performance. My faves are the distance short and session short—full of cool tech features like secure, no-bounce phone pockets, odor-blocking fabrics, all made from recycled materials. Save 20% OFF your purchase at tenthousand.cc/richroll
LMNT: A science-backed electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. The formula is super high-caliber, it’s plant-based with no sugar, fillers, gluten or sketchy ingredients. Right now LMNT is offering my listeners a free sample pack with any purchase—that’s 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order. Try it out at drinkLMNT.com/RICHROLL
BetterHelp: This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp, the world’s largest therapy service, 100% online. Professional, licensed, and vetted therapists who you can trust. Send a message to your counselor anytime—you’ll get timely and thoughtful responses, plus schedule weekly video or phone sessions. Listeners get 10% off their first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/richroll.
Daily Harvest: Daily Harvest makes it easy to eat more fruits and vegetables with thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted foods that are ready in five minutes or less. Go to dailyharvest.com/RICHROLL to get up to $40 off your first box.
Native: Upgrade your shower routine with Native bodywash! All Native products are purified, plant-based, vegan, and cruelty-free and contain only gentle cleansing ingredients, with a rich lather that leaves your skin moisturized and silky smooth. Visit www.nativedeo.com/rrp or use promo code rrp at checkout, and get 40% off your first three pack of Native Body
Seed: Stewarding the future of how we will use bacteria to restore and sustain human and planetary health, Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic combines 24 clinically verified and naturally-occurring, probiotic strains with plant-based prebiotics. Visit seed.com/RICHROLL to learn more.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Rich Roll Podcast: Twitter | Instagram
- Voicing Change II: http://richroll.com/books
- Book: Finding Ultra
- Rich Roll: Newsletter
- Book: Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within
- Fuzzbubble: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Merch
- 11/18 The Garage at Lucy’s: Pleasantville, NY: Tickets
- 11/19 The Paramount: Huntington, NY: Tickets
- 11/20 Fuzzbubble: ‘Cult Stars From Mars‘ CD release!
- Neuroscience News: Lucid Dying: Patients Recall Death Experiences During CPR
- Outside: A Ukrainian and a Russian Are Currently Running 3,100 Miles Around a New York City Block for Peace
- 3100 Film: About
- Prime: Watch 3100: Run And Become
- Longreads: Children in the Garden: On Life at a 3,100-Mile Race
- Instagram: @neddbrockmann
- Twitter: @stephenfry
- JustGiving: Paul Minter: 5,000 Mile UK Coastline Run
- Head Up: Mental Health Charity For The Armed Forces Community
- Instagram: @paulminter_uk_run
- New York Times: Between Kanye and the Midterms, the Unsettling Stream of Antisemitism
- PBS: The U.S. And The Holocaust
- Financial Times: What Musk’s first week at Twitter tells us
- New York Times: Twitter Is Said to Delay Changes to Check Mark Badges Until After Midterms
- Bloomberg: Twitter Now Asks Some Fired Workers to Please Come Back
- RRP: Episode #001
- RRP: Episode #002
- Wall Street Journal: Meet the 100-Year-Old Swimmer Breaking World Records
- Twitter: @doctorinigo “Effects of 5 weeks of plant-based diet on lipid profile”
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Subscribe & Review: Please make sure to review, share comments and subscribe to the show on the various platforms (Apple Podcasts, YouTube & Spotify). This helps tremendously!
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production, show notes and interstitial music; with additional audio engineering by Cale Curtis and additional music by Moby; Blake Curtis & Dan Drake for video, & editing; graphics by Jessica Miranda & Daniel Solis; portraits by Davy Greenberg & Grayson Wilder; the copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt, Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.