Welcome to the 2023 season premiere of ‘Roll On’, the version of the podcast where we indulge in some good-natured banter and ramble on matters of interest across culture, sports, politics, literature, art, self-betterment, and more.
My co-host is Mr. Adam Skolnick, an activist, veteran journalist, author of One Breath, and David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me and Never Finished co-author. Adam writes about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health.
Today Rich and Adam talk about the new ‘Roll On’ format, share their streaming selects, answer listener questions, and more.
“We’re all more powerful than we think. Everyone has something inside of them that can make the world a better place.”
– RICH ROLL
Specific topics discussed in today’s episode include:
- Rich’s 2023 intentions for the podcast and changes to the ‘Roll On’ show format;
- Lessons gleaned from Rich’s Byron Bay sabbatical;
- Rich & Julie’s upcoming Plant Power Italia Retreat (April 22-29, 2023);
- Rich & Adam’s current movie, show, and podcast selects.
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- What is the difference between a bad habit and an addiction? How do you break them?
- How do you talk to loved one’s about enacting healthy lifestyle changes?
- How does Rich select guests to be on the podcast, and what musicians are on his guest wish list?
- What are Rich’s thoughts and feelings on the evolution of the podcast?
If you want your query discussed on the show, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet, leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce 'Voicing Change II'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
Athletic Greens: 75 whole food sourced ingredients designed to optimize 5 key areas of health, AG1 is the delicious daily habit that sets you up for a healthy future. I take the packets everywhere I go. For the month of February only, Athletic Greens is giving out a FREE 1-year supply of Vitamin D AND 10 travel packs with your first purchase. This is their best offer yet and you can get it at athleticgreens.com/RICHROLL
Native: Stay fresh, stay clean with Native: a deodorant that isn’t a chemistry experiment. That means no aluminum, parabens, phthalates or talc. Just safe, effective protection against odor and wetness. Visit www.nativedeo.com/rrp or use promo code rrp at checkout, and get 20% off your first order.
Calm: The app designed to help you ease stress and get the best sleep of your life with guided meditations, sleep stories, and more. Right now, my listeners can get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/richroll. It includes unlimited access to ALL of Calm’s amazing content.
Birch Living: The best, most affordable, organic, and sustainable mattresses on the market with a 100-night risk-free trial. 1% of each purchase is donated to the National Forest Foundation and Birch purchases carbon offsets for each mattress sold. For 20% off ALL mattresses and 2 free eco-rest pillows visit BirchLiving.com/richroll
Indeed knows when you’re growing your own business, you have to make every dollar count. That’s why when you sponsor a job you only pay for quality applications from resumes in our database matching your job description. There are no long-term contracts and Indeed gives you full control so you only pay for what you need. Visit indeed.com/RICHROLL to start hiring now. Terms and conditions apply.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Rich Roll Podcast: Twitter | Instagram
- Voicing Change II: http://richroll.com/books
- Book: Finding Ultra
- Rich Roll: Newsletter
- Plant Power Italia 2023: Learn More
- Ultraman World Championships: Results
- Stanford: Remembering Skip Kenney
- Sky Cave Retreats: About
- Soma Byron Bay: About
- Los Angeles Times: Meet the Swedish producer who helped take Childish Gambino to the Grammys
- Book: Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within
- The Atlantic: The Internet Loves an Extremophile
- YouTube: Ludwig Göransson | Scoring The Mandalorian | Disney+
- YouTube: How ‘The Mandalorian’ Score Found The New ‘Star Wars’ Sound
- YouTube: Ludwig Göransson on Tenet’s Film Score and Working with Christopher Nolan | The Breakdown
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production, show notes and interstitial music; with additional audio engineering by Cale Curtis and additional music by Moby; Blake Curtis & Dan Drake for video, & editing; graphics by Jessica Miranda & Daniel Solis; portraits by Davy Greenberg, Grayson Wilder & Gizelle Peters; video clips for social media are created by AJ Akpodiete; copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt, Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Third-party books and products denoted on this page and website may be hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.