Insane feats of endurance. Space-traveling billionaires. Dystopian musical comedy specials. Record-breaking freediving depths. And of course, UFOs. Today is a little bit of everything, all of the time.
Welcome to another edition of ‘Roll On’, wherein myself and my podcast co-pilot Adam Skolnick break bread on matters high-minded and mildly entertaining.
For those new to the show, ‘Roll On’ is about stories that deserve a brighter spotlight, buttressed with a bit of show and tell, wins of the week, and rounded out with answers to questions posed on our voicemail, which you can ring up at (424) 235-4626.
Aside from serving as my magnanimous sidecar hype-beast, Adam Skolnick is an activist and veteran journalist best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me, co-author. Adam writes about adventure sports, environmental issues, and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently using the ‘new dad’ excuse to avoid working on his novel.
Some of the many topics covered today include:
- Richard Branson’s successful spaceflight and the billionaire race to space;
- the Pentagon’s efforts to de-stigmatize reporting UFO sightings and their recent release of unclassified reports on aerial phenomena;
- Our summer must-watch list;
- Robbie Balenger’s Colorado Crush & Timothy Olson’s PCT FKT attempt;
- Lachlan Morton’s Alt-Tour;
- a 2021 Tour de France wrap-up; and
- Vertical Blue freediving records
“Despite how authentic we aspire to be, we’re all just creating calculated, digital versions of the person we want people to think we are in real life.”
– RICH ROLL
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you adjust to post-pandemic parenting?
- How do you create a healthier body image?
- Will there be future RRP gatherings and events?
Thank you to Eric from South Bend, Zach from West Virginia, and Chris from Rockland, California for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Listen, Watch, & Subscribe
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & reserve your copy, click the button below.
Blinkist: Unlimited access to read or listen to a massive library of condensed non-fiction books from self-help, to business, health, and history—all for one low price. Join me and 12 million others gleaning from the best and brightest. Try Blinkist FREE for 7 days AND get 25% off a Blinkist Premium membership at blinkist.com/richroll
Four Sigmatic: Nutritious and delicious organic, Fair-Trade, single-origin Arabica mushroom coffee made with only the highest quality adaptogens like Lion’s Mane and Chaga. Visit foursigmatic.com/roll and get up to 40% off + Free Shipping on Mushroom Coffee bundles.
Navitas Organics: Fine purveyors of delicious organic superfoods on a mission to forge a better world by supporting organic farmers & plant-focused lifestyles. For a limited time you can get 30% off your entire order by using the code RICHROLL at navitasorganics.com/richroll.
Ritual: Ritual is the multivitamin, reimagined. I take it every morning, and I love that its clean, vegan-friendly formula is made with key nutrients in forms your body can actually use—no GMOs, synthetic fillers, or other shady extras. You deserve to know what’s in your multivitamin. That’s why Ritual is offering my listeners 10% off during their first 3 months. Visit ritual.com/RICHROLL to start your Ritual today.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- TikTok: @iamrichroll
- YouTube: Rich Roll Podcast Clips Channel
- The Guardian: ‘Peppa Pig, with better parenting’: the bounding success of canine cartoon Bluey
- The New York Times: She Never Saw Herself in Children’s TV Shows. So She Created Her Own.
- Hulu: The Choe Show
- SLATE: Anthony Bourdain’s Voice Isn’t the Only Thing the New Documentary Faked
- The New York Times: Bo Burnham’s ‘Inside’: A Comedy Special and an Inspired Experiment
- Netflix: Bo Burnham: Inside
- The Seattle Times: ‘Flying saucers’ became a thing 70 years ago Saturday with sighting near Mount Rainier
- The New York Times: U.S. Has No Explanation for Unidentified Objects and Stops Short of Ruling Out Aliens
- The New York Times: Jeff Bezos Will Fly Aboard Blue Origin’s First Human Trip to Space
- The New York Times: Branson Completes Virgin Galactic Flight, Aiming to Open Up Space Tourism
- Summit One Vanderbilt: About
- Robbie Balenger: On Down The Road I Go
- GQ: The Real-Life Diet of Ocean Rower Jason Caldwell, Who Is on the Water for Weeks at a Time
- Running: François D’Haene, Sabrina Stanley win first Hardrock 100 in three years
- Wall Street Journal: Solo Cyclist Completes His Alternative Tour de France
- Wall Street Journal: The Business School Lesson at the Tour de France
- ESPN: The Alt-Tour: Lachlan Morton beat the Tour de France peloton to Paris after 224 blistering hours in the saddle
- Outside: Timothy Olson Is Attempting a FKT on the PCT
- Deeper Blue: Another Monster Day Of World Records On Day 4 Of Vertical Blue 2021
- Alexey Molchanov Freediving: @alexeymolchanov
- Alessia Zecchini Freediving: @alessia.zecchini
- Alenka Artnik Freediving: @alenka_artnik
There are a few simple ways you can support the show and the content we strive to craft and share every single week
Patronize Our Sponsors: Supporting the companies that support the show! For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click the ‘Sponsors’ tab in the ‘Shop’ menu.
Spread The Word: Help grow our reach by sharing your enthusiasm for the podcast and/or your favorite episodes by posting about it on social media.
Thank The Team: I do not do this alone. Send your love to Jason Camiolo for audio engineering, production, show notes and interstitial music; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, & editing; graphics by Jessica Miranda & Daniel Solis; portraits by Ali Rogers, Davy Greenberg & Grayson Wilder; copywriting by Georgia Whaley; and theme music by Tyler Piatt, Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
Amazon Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to the Amazon affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.