“The resentment and judgment that we are projecting at others is, in fact, the resentment and the judgment we have for ourselves…and that is the greatest violence to inflict that upon yourself. So by releasing that and by choosing to look at the good and choosing to hold that vision of the highest expression for yourself and for someone else is a great act of love.”
Julie and I are back with yet another installment of Ask Me Anything, a twist on my typical long-form interview format where Julie and I engage you — the listener — by addressing the topics and questions you want discussed.
This week’s AMA explores:
- releasing the need for permission to live your life
- empowerment via “choosing yourself”
- practicing creativity in all things
- confronting your fear through action
- removing fear-based stimuli from your life
- managing criticism
- overcoming judgment and resentment
- combating addiction by prioritizing sobriety
Special thanks to Farmer Diddly, Nathan & everyone who contributed to this week’s questions!
I sincerely hope you enjoy the conversation.
Are you waiting for permission to chase a dream? Why? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Peace + Plants,
Thank you to today’s show sponsor:
The National Academy of Sports Medicine: NASM is looking for people who want an exciting career in the fitness industry, where you wake up every day doing something you love. Go to MyUSATrainer.com today and receive a FREE 14 day free trial of their fast and fun online program!
Free iOS App: Listen to the entire RRP catalog by downloading the new, free (and bug free) version 1.01 of the Rich Roll App on iTunes!
Production, music & sound design by Tyler Piatt. Additional production by Chris Swan. Graphic art by Shawn Patterson. End song Beloved written and performed by Julie Piatt (aka SriMati), accompanied by our sons Tyler & Trapper Piatt.
Background, Context & Reference:
- Check out Julie’s music (aka SriMati) on CDBaby
- Check out Julie’s Jai Release Meditation
- Finding Ultra* by Rich Roll
- The Plantpower Way* by Rich Roll & Julie Piatt
- Choose Yourself* by James Altucher
- Amazon: Best Books of 2015 So Far: Cookbooks (See #5)
- If It Bleeds, It Leads: Understanding Fear-Based Media
- Uncompromising news: Vice.com
Notable People Discussed in today’s podcast:
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy:
- RRP 149 – The Iron Cowboy’s Assault on the Impossible
- RRP 75 — James Altucher on Why You Should Choose Yourself
- RRP 165 – James & Claudia Altucher Choose Themselves
- RRP 166 — James Lawrence: The Iron Cowboy Did It!
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is now available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.