Matt is a cool dude. Can’t believe it took the podcast for us to finally meet in person.
Not only do we have plenty of common points of interest and intersection — plant-based nutrition, eating for performance and ultra-endurance athletics topping the list — Matt knows from whence he comes.
With a Nutritional Science degree from Pennsylvania State University and a Public Health Nutrition degree from Loma Linda University (yes – that “Blue Zone*” Loma Linda where everyone eats plants and lives like forever – don’t worry we get into this), as well as certification as a Registered Dietitian ( the only professional nutrition credential available ), Matt has distinguished himself as a leading expert in the field of vegan nutrition.
In addition to working one-on-one with clients and athletes, Matt is the Past-Chair of the Vegetarian Nutrition Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics , and co-authored both the No Meat Athlete book with RRP #54 guest Matt Frazier and the best-selling cookbook Appetite for Reduction* with Isa Moskowitz. In his spare time, Matt is an accomplished athlete who races marathons, iron-man triathlons, 200+ mile cycling events and 24-hour races (see full athletic resume ).
During the course of our conversation we dig into all of it – the paleo vs. vegan “debate”, how to eat for ultra-endurance performance, modern advocacy in the world of our broken food system, and how corporate interests use marketing to obfuscate fact, undermine informed consent and confuse consumer choice.
But quite possibly the most impressive thing about Matt? He lives in Southern California yet refuses to own a car. Now that is commitment.
Listen with an open mind, and may the conversation raise the vibration & inspire your best self. Enjoy!
- No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self* by Matt Frazier & Matt Ruscigno
- Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast & Filling Low Fat Vegan Recipes* by Isa Moskowitz and Matt Rusigno
- Matt Rusicgno’s Website True Love Health: http://truelovehealth.com
- For Information on Matt’s Nutritional & Consulting Services: http://truelovehealth.com/consult/
- Matt on Twitter: @MattRuscigno : http://twitter.com/mattruscigno
- Matt on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrueLoveHealth
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!