All hail the running carrot! Today on the show I’m joined by my pal Matt Frazier, the guy behind the wildly successful NoMeatAthlete.com– website, podcast and roadmap series of downloadable tools — an absolute go to resource chock-a-block with information for runners and triathletes of all abilities looking to take their athletic & nutrition game to the next level.
Matt founded NoMeatAthlete in 2009, about the same time he went vegetarian. Six months later, Matt qualified for the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:09:59 at the Wineglass Marathon, over 100 minutes faster than his first marathon time seven years prior. In June 2010, Matt ran his first 50-mile ultramarathon, recently completed his first 100-mile race and has run several more ultras and marathons each year since.
What’s great about Matt is his sincerity, authenticity, transparency and relatability. He’s not a world-class athlete, just a friendly, smart and resourceful guy who started experimenting with running and diet and wanted to share what he was learning. A site that started out as little more than a personal document of his experiment in food and fitness, NoMeatAthlete has morphed over the last few years into one of the web’s leading resources when it comes to information relating to the intersection of running and plant-based lifestyle.
The best part? Matt is genuinely a really nice guy. A guy you just want to see win. Like Rudy — a comparison that will put a smile of irony on your face when you hear our parting words at the end of the interview.
Now Matt has taken all he has learned, and synthesized it into a new Book: No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self* — do yourself a favor and check it out. Let’s support this guy!
Finally – a note of thanks. Just a few days ago we surpassed ONE MILLION DOWNLOADS of the podcast. That’s right. A cool million. That just blows my mind wide open. Does not compute. Surreal. It’s all because of you. So thank you – for everything. There have been ups. There have been downs. And more recently, controversy (see comments on Episode 53 with Durianrider- holy smokes). I appreciate you for sticking around. I am truly humbled and more energized than ever to continue the mission. So much great stuff to come.
I hope you enjoy the show.
- Book: No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self* by Matt Frazier
- No Meat Athlete Website
- Master Your First Triathlon, Marathon or Half-Marathon with NoMeatAthlete
- NoMeatAthlete Triathlon Roadmap
- NoMeatAthlete Marathon Roadmap
- NoMeatAthlete Half-Marathon Roadmap
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!