“The mission is to educate people and I think the more we allow people to educate themselves the more they feel empowered to make lifestyle choices that work for them.”
This is a special mid-week episode of the podcast featuring a panel discussion that took place at the Miami Seed Food and Wine Festival in November 2016 between me and Marco Borges, the CEO of 22 Days Nutrition – a plant-based nutrition products and meal delivery service he founded in partnership with Jay-Z and Beyonce.
If you are new to the podcast, I implore you to check out my first conversation with Marco, RRP #195 — it’s great.
Since that day Marco and I have become very close. The real deal with a huge heart, he’s a man truly committed to educating people about health and fitness, while providing them with the best possible organic, plant-based meal service and nutritional supplements.
This a loose, fun, unmoderated off-the-cuff conversation about many things, with a focus on nutrition, fitness and effective strategies for being the best living advocate of a thriving, vibrant lifestyle. Specific topics include:
- practicing non-judgment & the vegan lifestyle
- striving for growth & expansion
- managing perfectionism in business
- the power of conscious consumerism
- living in alignment with your core values
- to compromise or not to compromise
- plant-based at your own pace
NOTE: The audio is wonky (and I’m being kind). Apologies in advance, but this recording was captured on less than stellar audio equipment before a live audience. Nonetheless, I thought it valuable enough to share.
I love this guy and I hope you enjoy our lively banter!
Peace + Plants,
Check out Julie’s podcast divine throughline
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
Connect With Marco & pick up his new book, The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook: The Ultimate Resource for Unleashing the Life-Changing Health Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet*
Background, Context & Reference
- 22-Days Nutrition: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Book: The 22-Day Revolution* by Macro Borges
- Book: This Cheese is Nuts: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home* by Julie Piatt
- DailyMail: Beyonce’s trainer shares the grueling workout behind her incredible tour body by Bianca London
- NYTimes: Jay Z and Beyoncé Want to Put You in a Vegan State of Mind
- Time: Beyoncé Launches Vegan Meal Delivery Service With Her Trainer
- TODAY: Eat Like Beyoncé: Marco Borges Reveals Singer’s Diet
- Elle: The Beyoncé Diet Is Here
- Vogue: Would You Go Vegan If Beyoncé Told You To?
- PCRM: Marco Borges Dishes Top Foods To Spring Clean Your Diet
- Yahoo: Beyoncé’s Trainer On The Power of Plant-Based Eating
- USA Today: I Ate Like Beyoncé And Lost 16 Pounds
- Ryan Seacrest: Marco Borges Talks His Beyoncé Approved Vegan Book
- PCRM: Marco Borges Dishes Top Foods to Spring Clean Your Diet
- TheFashionSpot: Jay Z and Beyoncé’s Trainer and Life Coach Marco Borges on the Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- PRNewswire: Beyonce Teams Up With Exercise Physiologist Marco Borges For 22 Days Nutrition
- Seed Food & Wine Festival Miami: seedfoodandwine.com
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to our Amazon affiliate code. Any purchase will not cost you a cent extra but will support the show by shaking loose a little Amazon affiliate change in our direction, which is a great, free way to support the show.
The Plantpower Way is available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Bookmark & Use the Amazon Banner Ad: Click through to Amazon via our Amazon banner ad (above) or use richroll.com/amazon for all your Amazon purchases. Won’t cost you a penny extra on any purchases but will throw some loose commission change from the Amazon coffers our way, which help cover show expenses. Wanna make it even easier to support? Just bookmark the Amazon banner affiliate url link to your browser toolbar – then every time you click to go to Amazon you can feel great for supporting what we are doing – no brainer!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.