Today on the show, my friend — & brother in arms when it comes to swim / bike / run — Jonathan Schwartz. In certain respects Jonathan is an “everyman athlete”, but he is far from ordinary. Early morning it’s up to train. By day he’s a business manager to A-list Hollywood clientele & professional athletes — NBA players and major rock stars like Alanis Morissette & Linkin Park — as well as a dedicated father and husband. But his passion his health. Particularly heart health. I’ll let him tell the story, but in a nutshell a health scare led him to a plant-based diet, and he’s never looked back; sound familiar?
Jonathan took his passion for addressing our nation’s heart disease crisis to the next level when he founded HeartView Global, a foundation devoted to two primary goals:
- To identify heart disease in its latent “clinically silent” phase, thereby allowing asymptomatic but vulnerable individuals to undertake the necessary prophylactic lifestyle modifications and medications to arrest atherosclerosis – and for clinically unrecognized high risk individuals to undergo the necessary coronary interventions that will help prevent the development of heart attacks, stroke, or premature sudden cardiac death; and
- To encourage a plant-based nutrition diet founded in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, along with some nuts and seeds.
Jonathan is a great guy. His message is powerful. Tune in. And thank me later.
One more self-serving rant: the paperback version of Finding Ultra* is coming out on May 21. Sure, that’s still a bit off in the distance, but it’s already up on Amazon. Pre-order now by clicking HERE* and get it before it hits bookstores!
Thanks for listening!
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.