S$#*t’s about to get raw. Authentic. And real.
Back by popular demand, Cro-Mags’ frontman John Joseph— aka “Bloodclot” — returns to the podcast today to do what he does best – light fires, blow stuff up and burn the house down. All for the sake of getting people to wake up, expand consciousness and take control of our lives.
Weaned from the ailing womb of Scorsese’s Mean Streets, JJ is a true American original. Lower East Side thief, abuse survivor, drug dealer & brawling gutter rat reborn as spiritual warrior. CBGB Street Poet. Punk-ass Robin Hood. Plantpowered Ironman. Spiritual evangelist. A life story so astounding it echoes some demented amalgam of Bukowski, Hugh Selby, Jr., Jerry Stahl, Eckhart Tolle & Paramahansa Yogananda.
Plus he can write. His tale of survival is so vividly depicted in his autobiography Evolution of a Cro-Magnon, it’s currently being adapted into a movie. And July 2014 brings Harper Collins’ wide release of his previously self-published (and currently out-of-print) cult hit Meat is For Pussies*— with a foreword by yours truly.
But more anything, this boy can spin a yarn. JJ’s first appearance on the podcast was a massive hit, and we barely scratched the surface of John’s ability to opine and pontificate on a vast array of subjects — life on the streets, GMO’s, Monsanto, the strange history of Aspartame, the power of meditation, the importance of expanding consciousness, the problems with the “V” word, what it means to be truly punk in this post-millenia era, and why meat really is for pussies.
If you’re new to the show, be sure to check out JJ’s previous appearance in RRP 41. It’s like a bomb exploding in an elevator.
Thanks for stopping by, happy holidays, and I hope you enjoy our conversation!
P.S. – Stitcher.com is currently taking votes through 12/24 for it’s annual 2013 Stitcher Awards for best podcasts. If you have been enjoying the show, do us a solid by heading over there and voting for us for Best Health + Lifestyle Podcast. They permit you to vote as many times as you want, so I won’t have any issue if decide to vote multiple times. Voting closes 12/24 so would be great if you could do it straight away. But only if it feels right to you. Thanks!
- Donald Rumsfeld and The Strange History of Aspartame (Huffington Post): huffingtonpost.com
- 2013 Stitcher Awards – Vote Through 12/24! stitcher.promotw.com
- John Joseph on Facebook: facebook.com/john.joseph.739326
- John Joseph on Twitter: twitter.com/jjcromag
- Cro-Mags Facebook Page: facebook.com/pages/Cro-Mags/28749578197
- Meat is For Pussies Website: meatisforpussies.org/
- Meat is For Pussies on Twitter: twitter.com/meatis4pussies
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.