Now for something a little different. Meet Adam Dole– a White House Presidential Innovation Fellow currently studying the various ways technology can improve our healthcare system.
Adam leverages an expertise in human behavior and sociology to help technology improve lives. A rare and specific skill set that landed him a coveted gig at NASA problem solving Mars mission human transport issues and subsequently led to various entrepreneurial stints at Silicon Valley start ups. A developing interest in health and wellness then found Adam spearheading technology innovation for the Mayo Clinic, more specifically a project he conceptualized called Blue Button — a healthcare software application empowering consumer access to healthcare and medical record information.
The White House took notice. And before he knew it, Adam found himself in Washington as part of the prestigious Presidential Innovation Fellow program. Under the direction of White House CTO Todd Park, Adam spends his days (at least before the government shutdown!) studying the intersection of technology and our health care system with the purpose of identifying opportunities for cooperative collaboration between healthcare executives, government bureaucrats and technology entrepreneurs to identify and execute systemic, functional healthcare improvements for the benefit of the consumer.
Adam is an energetic and fun guy. His enthusiasm and passion for his work is infectious. Work that is and will improve lives – no question. Adam gives me hope and optimism that we can conquer the challenges faced by healthcare. I truly enjoyed our conversation and think you will too.
For a really nice feel for where Adam is coming from, check out this piece he co-authored for Fast Company Magazine: “Empathize Like A Doctor, Design Like An Entrepreneur”
Now, put your earbuds in and enjoy the episode!
- Millions of Americans can get easy, secure online access to their health records at “ Blue Button ”: http://www.healthit.gov/bluebutton
- The Presidential Innovation Fellows – White House: http://www.whitehouse.gov/innovationfellows
- Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/
- Better: http://getbetter.com/
- Method: http://www.method.com
- Jump: http://jumpassociates.com
- “Empathize Like A Doctor, Design Like An Entrepreneur” by James Olver Sr. & Adam Dole for Fast Company Magazine
- Adam Dole on Twitter ( @adamdole ): https://twitter.com/adamdole
- Adam Dole on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamgdole
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!