Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Buckle up people! America’s Angriest Trainer Vinnie Tortorich joins the podcast today to pontificate — in the way only Vinnie can in his unfiltered and uncensored way — on a wide variety of subjects, including:
- His career as an ultra-cyclist and racing the Furnace Creek 508;
- What fuels his 15 hour training rides; in other words the popular & oft asked question is posed, “what do you eat on the bike?”
- His opinions on aerobic zone training versus the currently popular CrossFit / Mackenzie method;
- Fitness and weight loss in general;
- What it’s like to be a celebrity trainer in Hollywood;
- His evolving perspectives on nutrition;
- His Angriest Trainer Podcast; and
- His upcoming book “Fitness Confidential”
NOTE: Vinnie veers into a bit of explicit language a few times. Nothing crazy, but just a heads up if you’re blasting it at work or unusually squeamish.
And if you have a moment, we’d love it if you could toss a quick review up on the iTunes page.
Thanks for the support and enjoy the show!
- Generation UCAN SuperStarch Nutrition Products
- SaltStick Electrolyte Products
- A Conversation with SaltStick Inventor Jonathan Toker – Slowtwitch
- The Angriest Trainer Podcast
- Vinnie on Twitter @VinnieTortorich
- Vinnie on Facebook
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
3. SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW the show on iTunes, Stitcher and Soundcloud and TuneIn.
4. DONATE: Check out the DONATE button on the right hand margin or click HERE to learn more. We even accept Bitcoin!
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Great episode, Rich. I’m really liking the last couple of podcasts. FYI swimmers don’t pantyhose but use drag shorts (swimming briefs with a sort of pocket that retains water and slows you down.
Man, if only regular radio was this good… I’m hooked!
Another great podcast, Rich! Many thanks to you and Vinnie.
Vinnie rocks! Great episode. Very entertaining.
Awesome podcast! Vinnie was a cool dude. Sounded just like Al Pacino.
Thank you for another great podcast.
Another amazing show Rich. Thank you so much. I loved Vinnie and all he had to share. What I really liked about this episode was the two of you together. It sounded like two buddies sharing their passion. I got a good dose of Rich and learned about another passionate athlete.
We met in Toronto last summer (ZenTri guy) and it’s great to
hear you again here. I am really enjoying the wide range of people you have on
your show, it certainly gives me lots to think about beyond my triathlon training.
It’s also really nice that you and Julie co-host some of the shows. You two
have an amazing dynamic connection.
Keeping it green with “plant power” in TO!
I’m really loving your podcast and look forward to seeing you in Tucson next month!
I am one of those people that hates iTunes, and won’t listen to podcasts if they’re only available there – so please don’t do that! The default file format iTunes uses won’t work on some mp3 players, so for those of us who don’t have ‘iGadgets’, it’s a pain in the ass. And yes, there are people out there without those items. If you have internet access, you can play mp3’s, so that makes the podcast available to the most people.
Keep up the good work!
I am loving your podcasts. I especially love the different points of view. If our political parties could take their collective heads out of their collective a.., we’d all be the better for it. Vinnie has an extremely interesting story and take on fitness and diet, and while I don’t agree with a lot of what he has to say, especially with regard to the Atkins-like diet, I respect his accomplishments and opinion. Outstanding interview.