In today’s episode, Rich talks with Michael Greger, M.D., the man behind the incredibly informative non-profit website NutritionFacts.org. We discuss plant-based nutrition, the pros and cons of a wide variety of popular diets from Pritikin to Paleo to Atkins, and the impact of corporate food and pharmacuetical interests on everything from food marketing/labeling to the current state of nutrition research and medical school curriculums.
Dr. Greger then gets down to the nitty gritty on specific nutrition subjects like omega-3 fatty acid oil supplementation, the impact of antioxidant intake on exercise-induced oxidative stress and athletic adaptations to training, and of the course the hows and whys of protein intake.
At the end of the day? All roads lead to kale.
Enjoy the listen
Peace + Plants,
- Pritikin Institute
- Plant Positive / Primitive Nutrition YouTube Channel
- Dr. Greger on Twitter: @nutrition_facts
- NutritionFacts on Facebook
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.