Today on the show I welcome nutritionist and dietitian Andy Bellatti MS, RD. Sure we talk plant-based and other issues related to optimal nutrition (hint: eat REAL FOOD!).
But what makes Andy unique amongst his peers isn’t so much his pro-plant bias as it is his passion for calling out the inextricable link between giant food corporations and how we innately come to think and feel about the foods we (often unconsciously choose to) eat.
From congressional legislation to school lunch policy, the food pyramid and what we are actually led to believe we need to live and thrive is in more ways than you would imagine completely dictated by these corporations, their lobbying efforts and Madison Avenue advertising agencies. What makes Andy different is his courage to take a stand on this issue and his tireless push for positive changes, both systemic and individual.
- Andy Bellatti Website
- Dietitians For Professional Integrity
- “How the Obesity Focus Hurts the Health Movement” by Andy Bellatti (HuffingtonPost.com)
- “How Did My Profession’s Conference Get Hijacked by Big Food?” by Andy Bellatti (AppetiteForProfit.com)
- “Beyond Pink Slime” by Andy Bellatti (SmallBites.com)
- “Kellog’s Misleads And, Yes, Farmwashes” by Andy Bellatti (SmallBites.com)
- “Let’s Put an End to ‘Dietary Tribalism'” by Andy Bellatti (Grist.org)
- “Taping of Farm Cruelty is Becoming the Crime” by Richard Oppel, Jr. (New York Times)
- Andy Bellatti Twitter: @andybellatti
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition, and Health, by Marion Nestle
- Appetite for Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health, and How To Fight Back, by Michele Simon
- VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…For Good, by Mark Bittman
One more self-serving rant: the paperback version of Finding Ultra* is coming out on May 21. Sure, that’s still a bit off in the distance, but it’s already up on Amazon. Pre-order now by clicking HERE* and get it before it hits bookstores!
Thanks for listening!
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.