For fans of Ben Greenfield, this is Ben like you’ve never heard him before.
For longtime listeners and fans of health & fitness podcasts, Ben Greenfield needs no introduction. Self-avowed training guinea pig, ardent nutrition student, accomplished multisport athlete, podcast host, blogger and health entrepreneur at Ben Greenfield Fitness and all around good dude.
Ben and I have been acquainted for some years — but only through the internet. He was an early guest on this show ( RRP #11 ), I have guested on his podcast as well as his Endurance Planet podcast ( HERE ), we did a nutrition-oriented Spreecast with Vinnie Tortorich back in February ( HERE ) and he has written about my exploits a bit as well ( HERE ).
And yet surprisingly, we had never met in person. So it was a pleasure to finally sit down with the guy one-on-one so we could dig a bit deeper. Skype interviews are great, but there is just no substitute for sitting across from someone when you want to have a proper chat. And this interview gets it done in spades.
Today on the show we talk about a multitude of things, including:
- How he turned his passion for health and fitness into a thriving online business
- Some keys for entrepreneurial online success;
- His experience training for and racing an Ironman on a high fat / low carb ketogenic diet;
- His plan for putting on 30lbs of muscle during the upcoming winter months;
- Our experiences interviewing Durianrider;
- What the lifestyle “hack” (as in #lifehack or #biohack) actually means;
- His experience as a homeschooled child and how he homeschools his children;
- How his dietary regimen is often misunderstood, his passion for plants & his vegetable garden; and
- Ben’s Upcoming Human Performance Course on CreativeLive.
Like many of my guests, I don’t agree with all points & issues raised. But I truly like and respect Ben, particularly his willingness to engage in all forms of self-experimentation and his transparency when it comes to openly sharing his results.
I hope you enjoy the conversation!
- Ben Greenfield Fitness: http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/
- Unschoolery — Leo Babauta’s (of ZenHabits.net ) Homeschool Resource Blog: http://unschoolery.com/
- 23andMe – Genetic Testing for Health, Disease & Ancestry: https://www.23andme.com/
- WellnessFX – Diagnostic Blood Testing: http://www.wellnessfx.com/
- DirectLabs — Clinical lab testing for blood chemistry: http://www.directlabs.com/
- Quest Diagnostics – Clinical lab testing for blood chemistry: http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home.html
- Creative Live: Achieve Ultimate Human Performance with Ben Greenfield (12/11/13-12/13/13): http://www.creativelive.com/courses/achieve-ultimate-human-performance-ben-greenfield
Finally – dig the music cues and intro/outro clips on the show? Thanks my 18-year old son Tyler Piatt — not only did he produce and edit today’s show, he wrote, arranged and performed all the music as well, including the clip in the teaser trailer – give him a nice shout out in the comments below. Thanks Tyler!
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!