Success isn’t an accident – it happens by design.
Today on the show I am pleased to host Dr. Jeff Spencer – life coach to Olympic champions and entrepreneurs and architect of a methodology he calls The Champions Blueprint – the good doctor’s well researched and proven “crystal ball” process to unlock your internal personal power and unleash — and more importantly sustain — prolific peak performance, not to mention your best self.
Break out your Moleskins people, because you are going to want to take copious notes. Class is in session!
Whether on the playing field or in the board room, we often marvel at those few who seem able to effortlessly achieve — and again sustain — incredible results. I’m talking about people like Michael Jordan. Michael Phelps. Oprah Winfrey. And Richard Branson. Freaks of nature, right? Once in a lifetime talents that deserve our reverence, but simply cannot be emulated, let alone replicated.
We all want this right? And yet it seems so elusive. A struggle that can seem impossible for the average Joe to realize. Why?
Well. according to Dr. Spencer, this is because we lack one simple thing — a proper roadmap. In other words, beyond sheer talent there’s a distinct, consistent method behind the innate gifts of the heroes we are so quick to worship that leads inextricably to achievement and keeps them on top. A method that indeed can be identified and repeated in everyone’s life. A method that can set you up for long-term success in not only the goal you seek, but more importantly the legacy that is your life.
Born from the pain he experienced watching his genius artist father die homeless, his work unrecognized, Dr. Spencer began to ask himself: why did this happen, and how can I help others avoid this peril? Informed by his prolific athletic career as a member of the 1972 US Olympic Team in track cycling and buttressed by his copious experience mentoring world class athletes as a 9-time Tour De France team doctor (chiropractor), Jeff came to truly understand and appreciate that no person succeeds without proper mentors and a supportive team. Thus he began to identify patterns of predictable human behavior, and how certain predictable behaviors can indeed be harnessed to achieve previously unimaginable heights of achievement. In turn, this ultimately led him to identify the 7 steps of what would become the foundation of The Champions Blueprint protocol – a curriculum he has used to help many achieve unparalleled, sustained legacy-worthy success. Here are those steps, which we discuss at length in today’s episode:
- Legacy: Start with the End in Mind
- Mindset: View the world through the lens of your Legacy
- Base: Get the Team, Equipment, Financing and Tangibles in Place
- Climb the Wall: 1. Patience 2. Grind | Reach Break Out Performance
- Elevation: Shift your Break out Performance to your Daily Program
- Adaptation: Can you deal with the pressure of performing at the top?
- Ride the Wave: Leaving a Complete Legacy as an Example for Others
I am very proud of this conversation. Surely, one of my favorite interviews to date, and an exchange that becomes quite emotional at times. An episode worthy of more than one listen.
Thank you Jeff for showing up and demonstrating the courage to be vulnerable. Wallow in the wisdom people!
Finally – enjoying the music cues on the show? Thanks my 18-year old son Tyler Piatt — not only did he produce and edit today’s show, he wrote, arranged and performed all the music as well. Thanks Tyler!
- Dr. Jeff Spencer Website: jeffspencer.com
- Dr. Jeff Spencer Champions Blueprint Application: mycbapp.com/
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!