Today I delve deep with the magnificent and one and only Joel Kahn, M.D. to discuss the power of diet and lifestyle on heart health and long-term wellness.
Joel calls himself an Interpreventional Cardiolgist. What is that? It means that he treats his patients with a blend of traditional interventional cardiology (stents) as well as preventive cardiology. It’s this rare combination that makes Dr. Kahn unique in his field.
But let there be no mistake – Dr. Kahn is no new age hippie. In additional to several post-doctorate certifications, he graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Michigan’s prestigious Inteflex program (a 6-year undergraduate / graduate program that developed doctors fresh out of high school) and has served as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) at Wayne State University School of Medicine since 1993.
In addition, Dr. Kahn has authored over 130 articles on heart disease, over 10 book chapters (as well as a new book due out in February 2014), and several monographs and video national presentations. He is a frequent lecturer on heart disease and its prevention. He has performed thousands of cardiac catheterizations and stent procedures and has been advising patients on heart healthy programs for over 20 years.
In other words, Dr. Kahn knows what he is talking about. And his message is powerful — if you want to experience true long-term wellness, then you must focus on implementing sustainable long-term preventive protocols into your lifestyle. And this starts and ends with diet and active lifestyle.
It was an honor to spend 90 minutes with Dr. Kahn, and his message is invaluable. Simply put, the world would be a better place if we had more doctors like him. So listen up people.
Take his message to heart. Literally. And enjoy.
Just a reminder that we’re now up and running on Soundcloud for those of you that prefer this service. Check out the show there & follow us – I even created a few albums to help you find the episode and subject matter you are looking for, including a most popular episode album and episodes catalogued by subject matter – i.e., nutrition, fitness, entrepreneurs & spirituality. Good stuff. For those unfamiliar, Soundcloud is great because it allows you to share your favorite episodes across your social networks and even embed shows on your website or blog with their super groovy player widget. You can even add comments to the show specifically tagged to the referenced section / time code. And it’s an amazing tool to further help get the word out about the podcast, so we appreciate any sharing or spreading you are inclined to do! For more info, click HERE.
- Dr. Joel Kahn: http://drjkahn.com
- Dr. Kahn’s Articles on MindbodyGreen.com: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/wc/dr-joel-kahn
- Dr. Dean Ornish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Ornish
- Life Extension Vitamins: http://www.lef.org
- The NoMeatAthlete: Triathlon Roadmap: The Plant-Based Guide to Conquering Your First Triathlon
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!