On a rainy night from a little boutique hotel in the Montmartre district of Paris after a whirlwind book tour in Germany last week, I’m filled with gratitude to bring you another installment of Ask Me Anything — a twist on my normal format where Julie and I discuss issues currently on the brain and answer listener submitted questions.
This week’s topics include:
- tales from Das Plantpower Kochbuch German book tour
- the Berlin vegan scene
- shopping at the world’s first all vegan supermarket
- hanging out with vegan strong man Patrik Baboumian
- plant-based in Paris
- vegan birthday at L’Arpège, the #12 best restaurant on Earth
- why you should stop “dieting”
- addressing the emotional drivers behind diet & behavior habits
- plant-based on the road — tips and tools
The show concludes with Aditya, an ancient Sanskrit mantra performed by Julie — aka SriMati – musically accompanied by our sons Tyler & Trapper Piatt. A mantra intended to imbue our lives with vibrant health, the lyrics (very) loosely translated from the root Sankskrit go something like this:
Om to the solar universal energy / Protect me from enemies within and without / I chant your name ceaselessly and victoriously / I bow to you
Special thanks to everyone who submitted inquiries — keep ‘em coming!
An extra special thanks to everyone who took a moment to send me a birthday message. I greatly appreciate it. Beginning my 50th year feeling awesome!
I sincerely hope you enjoy the conversation.
Peace + Plants,
Thanks to this week’s sponsors:
The National Academy of Sports Medicine: Get paid to stay in shape while helping others reach their fitness goals. Go to MyUSATrainer.com for a free 14-day trial of their fast & fun online program.
Harrys.com: A superior shave at an affordable price. Type in my coupon code “ROLL” at purchase for $5 off your starter set and get an entire month’s worth of shaving for just $10 when you visit Harrys.com.
Background, Context & Reference:
- Das Plantpower Kochbuch: narayana-verlag.com
- NYTimes.com: Jeong Kwan, the Philosopher Chef, by Jeff Gordinier
- Chef Alain Passard: alain-passard.com & Wikipedia
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants: L’Arpège (No. 12)
- European vegan supermarket chain Veganz
- TheLocal.de: How I Built The World’s First Vegan Supermarket Chain
- Ecorazzi: Vegan Supermarket Chain To Come To US in 2016
- Superfan Jamie: @RichRollFansUK
- Micha Klotzbier on Facebook
- Julie’s music (aka SriMati) on CDBaby
- Julie’s Jai Release Meditation
- Finding Ultra* by Rich Roll
- The Plantpower Way* by Rich Roll & Julie Piatt
Production, music & sound design by Tyler Piatt. Additional production by Chris Swan. Graphic art by Shawn Patterson.
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is now available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.