“If you take some time to quiet your life and commit some time to yourself you’ll find that thing. It doesn’t mean that you’re going to be a painter or you’re going to be a singer. Perhaps you’ll become a person of service. It’s different for everybody.”
We’re back with yet another installment of Ask Me Anything, a twist on my typical long-form interview format where Julie and I engage you — the listener — by addressing the topics and questions you want discussed.
As a person prone to extremes, I have been spending quite a bit of time lately pondering the importance of balance and moderation in living an optimally fulfilling life.
What is the role of balance when you are pursuing your best self? Is moderation in all things truly an aspirational path?
In short, I am starting to question the premise.
This week Julie and I discuss this personal conundrum at length. Our conversation also explores:
- my experience with Iron Cowboy as he completed his historic 50/50/50
- Julie’s perspective on crewing for me at Ultraman
- stoicism & overcoming obstacles
- how to best serve the needs of “out of the box” children
- the exploration required to discover your passion
- how distractions negatively impact our life path; and
- how to meet the social challenges of living plant-based
Special thanks to Nanette, Doug & David for this week’s questions!
I sincerely hope you enjoy the conversation.
How do you define balance? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.
Peace + Plants,
Free iOS App: Listen to the entire RRP catalog by downloading the new, free (and bug free) version 1.01 of the Rich Roll App on iTunes!
Production, music & sound design by Tyler Piatt. Additional production by Chris Swan. Graphic art by Shawn Patterson. End song Beloved written and performed by Julie Piatt (aka SriMati), accompanied by Mark Schultz and our sons Tyler & Trapper Piatt.
Background, Context & Reference:
- Check out Julie’s music (aka SriMati) on CDBaby
- Check out Julie’s Jai Release Meditation
- PsychToday: Rich Roll’s Extreme Flow by Michael Friedman Ph.D.
- The Obstacle Is The Way* by Ryan Holiday
- Finding Ultra* by Rich Roll
- The Plantpower Way* by Rich Roll & Julie Piatt
- The Meditations* by Marcus Aurelius
Notable People Discussed in today’s podcast:
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy:
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is now available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.