Yes, this is a health & fitness podcast. But physical health is only one component of holistic wellness. If your life feels amiss, your unfocused mind wanders or your spirit is adrift, then are you truly healthy in a complete sense?
Of course not. So after several very nutrition and athlete focused episodes, it feels right to swing the pendulum from the physical back to the more ephemeral and return Julie Piatt to the co-host seat so we can roll up our sleeves and delve into matters less — well, let’s say “tactile” — and examine what’s behind the blocks preventing us from actualizing those latent dreams deferred that reside within all too many of us.
It all starts and ends with creativity. And creativity my friends, isn’t just for “artists” — because we are all artists, our lives and passions the expression of that art. To wit:
- What is impairing your ability to realize the best version of yourself?
- What is a shadow artist and how can it be overcome?
- Tools for tackling self-doubt, fear patterns & obstacles to unlock & unleash your latent creativity as a channel for manifesting positive life change.
- And oh yeah, my feelings about Valentine’s Day…..
Julie takes us out with “I’m Here Now”, from her album Mother of Mine.
Thanks for the support and enjoy the show!
The Artist’s Way* by Julia Cameron
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles* by Steven Pressfield
Autobiography of a Yogi* by Paramahansa Yogananda
Ben Greenfield’s “Become Superhuman” Live Event, March 8-9, Spokane, WA – use the promo code “RICHROLL” for 50% off the registration price.
“Down Dog” Short Film: Directed by Rich Roll; Written by Rich Roll & Julie Piatt
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.