Raw vegan runner extraordinaire Tim VanOrden joins the show to discuss his journey with food, how he re-discovered a passion for running that led him to 9 U.S. Masters Trail Championship victories, his holistic approach to life and how he makes it all work on a 100% entirely raw plant-based diet.
Along the way, we talk specifics about:
- aerobic zone training
- finding the joy in racing & training
- the perils of becoming pigeonholed by labels
- the importance of microbial health
- what it’s like to race up the Empire State Building
- his thoughts on supplementation, and
- the ever-present protein question
I thought I knew a lot, but Tim enlightened me on more than a few issues and it was a pleasure interviewing him.
NOTE: apologies for the poor audio quality of the Skype interview. There is a persistent static hum that I could not eliminate and the levels are — well, let’s just say — a wee bit off. I am still new at all this and obviously still have a few things to learn. Production quality is important to me, so I am truly sorry for the issue. Hopefully Tim’s passion and sagaciousness will overshadow the annoyance, and all I can say is that I promise to do better next time.
And if you have a moment, we’d love it if you could toss a quick review up on the iTunes page.It’s most appreciated!
Thanks for the support and hope you enjoy the show!
- NY Times Sunday Magazine: How to Make an Ironman Whimper (and Cough):
- Running Raw Blog: runningraw.com/blog
- Running Raw on Facebook: facebook.com/runningraw
- Tim on Facebook: facebook.com/tim.vanorden
- Tim on YouTube: youtube.com/user/runningraw
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.