Raw vegan runner extraordinaire Tim VanOrden joins the show to discuss his journey with food, how he re-discovered a passion for running that led him to 9 U.S. Masters Trail Championship victories, his holistic approach to life and how he makes it all work on a 100% entirely raw plant-based diet.
Along the way, we talk specifics about:
- aerobic zone training
- finding the joy in racing & training
- the perils of becoming pigeonholed by labels
- the importance of microbial health
- what it’s like to race up the Empire State Building
- his thoughts on supplementation, and
- the ever-present protein question
I thought I knew a lot, but Tim enlightened me on more than a few issues and it was a pleasure interviewing him.
NOTE: apologies for the poor audio quality of the Skype interview. There is a persistent static hum that I could not eliminate and the levels are — well, let’s just say — a wee bit off. I am still new at all this and obviously still have a few things to learn. Production quality is important to me, so I am truly sorry for the issue. Hopefully Tim’s passion and sagaciousness will overshadow the annoyance, and all I can say is that I promise to do better next time.
Enjoy the podcast and want to support the show? If & when you are about to buy something on Amazon, do us a solid and first click through to the Amazon site via the banner ad below. It won’t cost you a penny extra on your purchase but will throw some loose change from the Amazon coffers our way, which we will use to keep the bandwidth flowing and improve production quality.
And if you have a moment, we’d love it if you could toss a quick review up on theiTunes page.It’s most appreciated!
Thanks for the support and hope you enjoy the show!
- NY Times Sunday Magazine:How to Make an Ironman Whimper (and Cough):
- Running Raw Blog:runningraw.com/blog
- Running Raw on Facebook:facebook.com/runningraw
- Tim on Facebook:facebook.com/tim.vanorden
- Tim on YouTube:youtube.com/user/runningraw