Raw vegan runner extraordinaire Tim VanOrden joins the show to discuss his journey with food, how he re-discovered a passion for running that led him to 9 U.S. Masters Trail Championship victories, his holistic approach to life and how he makes it all work on a 100% entirely raw plant-based diet.
Along the way, we talk specifics about:
- aerobic zone training
- finding the joy in racing & training
- the perils of becoming pigeonholed by labels
- the importance of microbial health
- what it’s like to race up the Empire State Building
- his thoughts on supplementation, and
- the ever-present protein question
I thought I knew a lot, but Tim enlightened me on more than a few issues and it was a pleasure interviewing him.
NOTE: apologies for the poor audio quality of the Skype interview. There is a persistent static hum that I could not eliminate and the levels are — well, let’s just say — a wee bit off. I am still new at all this and obviously still have a few things to learn. Production quality is important to me, so I am truly sorry for the issue. Hopefully Tim’s passion and sagaciousness will overshadow the annoyance, and all I can say is that I promise to do better next time.
And if you have a moment, we’d love it if you could toss a quick review up on the iTunes page.It’s most appreciated!
Thanks for the support and hope you enjoy the show!
- NY Times Sunday Magazine: How to Make an Ironman Whimper (and Cough):
- Running Raw Blog: runningraw.com/blog
- Running Raw on Facebook: facebook.com/runningraw
- Tim on Facebook: facebook.com/tim.vanorden
- Tim on YouTube: youtube.com/user/runningraw