“Everybody wants to be healthy. And I sense a shift in the status quo. People are re-evaluating lifestyle priorities. Looking for more sustainable, ecologically responsible, value-based and wellness oriented ways of living. We just need more family examples.”
Let’s talk about food. Despite all the diet and nutrition content I consistently and freely generate, Julie and I are still inundated daily with inquiries like:
So what exactly do you guys eat?
How can I get my kids to make healthier choices?
Is it possible to eat healthy on a budget?
How can I overcome my cravings for unhealthy foods?
And of course…Where do you get your protein?
It’s questions like these that led to an epiphany: I think it’s time for the next book.
However, there is is no shortage of amazing plant-based cookbooks already available. What could Julie and I possibly bring to this conversation that hasn’t already been said?
After pouring through all the cookbooks at our local Barnes & Noble, we made a rather shocking discovery — not a single plant-based cookbook seemed to speak directly to the primary concerns of the typical modern family.
So we started to think about how we could fill this gap by providing real, tangible guidance for the soccer moms and softball playing dads with young kids just looking to live a little healthier. Normal people searching for a simple, solid roadmap to make better choices at the market and in the kitchen. A book that would really address the true needs of everyday, budget-conscious folks too busy to study nutrition yet seeking easy-to-implement answers. A book that would guide, educate and inspire people to adopt healthier eating and lifestyle habits and instill such habits in their children.
Visualizing such a book was easy. Because it’s just a natural, authentic extension of our every day family lifestyle. A lifestyle we call The Plantpower Way.
It’s taken more than two years of solid focused work to get this book right. So this week Julie and I thought it would be fun sit down and learn more about her personal journey in food while rehashing the long journey undertaken to finally birth this book to life.
WHAT IS THE PLANTPOWER WAY?
Everybody deserves optimal health. And wellness begins with what we put on our plate. But that’s just the beginning. So we decided to pick up where every other cookbook leaves off by providing concrete tools, tips and general lifestyle guidance to foster long-term wellness and catalyze your journey towards unlocking your best, most authentic self.
Bursting with inspiration, practical guidance, and beautiful food and lifestyle photography, The Plantpower Way features more than 120 of Julie’s delicious, easy-to-prepare whole food recipes, certain to delight even the most finicky or carnivorous of your clan.
But this is more than a mere cookbook. It’s a fully formed, comprehensive lifestyle primer chock-a-block with information, tools, resources and inspiration to not only answer all those questions we field daily, but elevate and guide the modern family towards healthier, more sustainable food, lifestyle and parenting practices. Both evolutionary and revolutionary, it’s a book you will proudly use every day, share with colleagues, eagerly gift family members and even display on your coffee table for friends to peruse and enjoy.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Although the book doesn’t hit stores until April 28, it is currently available for pre-order. The way publishing works, pre-orders are very important in terms of setting up the book for long-term success. The number of units sold during the pre-order window count towards first week sales. These numbers influence retail buyer habits (i.e., how many copies of the book your local Barnes & Noble decides to order) and are used to compile bestseller lists. In other words, this is an important time, and quite frankly we really need your help.
Towards this end, we have put together an incredible array of premium pre-order bonus giveaways valued at over $300,000.00 . Tons of amazing products from our good friends at great companies (see below show notes). If for no other reason than appreciation for all the free content I have provided over the years, we would love it if you took a leap of faith and pre-ordered the book (a $29 investment that will yield over $75 in value). Better yet? Pre-order a whole bunch of books, reap the bonus rewards and give the books out as gifts. And while you’re at it, take a quick moment to spread the word about our bonus offers with your friends and on social media.
But please understand one thing: — we are not trying to get you to buy something you don’t want. These gifts are our way of giving back. Our way of saying thank you. Seriously and sincerely, thank you for taking this journey with us. Thank you for being the highly engaged and passionate audience that you are. And thank you for shepherding this Plantpower revolution beyond the realm of my imagination.
In other words, this is not about me. It’s about the movement. And the movement is everything.
Right now the U.S. is in the midst of an almost unspeakable health care and environmental crisis. Heart disease, obesity and diabetes are killing people by the millions and incidence is on the rise. Meanwhile, animal agriculture is depleting our soil, destroying our oceans, devastating our rainforests and creating more green house gas emissions than all of transportation combined. Our systems of food production and health care are simply not sustainable. We’re running out of time. The insanity must stop.
Despite this rather grim reality, the solution has been staring us in the face all along. The simple inescapable truth is that 80-90% of chronic illness is preventible or reversible via a whole food plant-based lifestyle. A lifestyle choice that will render your health bulletproof to western disease and impact the environment more positively than any other single decision or act you will take for the rest of your life.
The Plantpower Way is our contribution to this solution. A book we know holds the power to change lives. We just need your help getting it out there.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the conversation.
Peace + Plants,
Production, music & sound design by Tyler Piatt. Additional production by Chris Swan. Graphic art by Shawn Patterson.
- $300K+ in pre-order bonus bundles for the The Plantpower Way
- Downloadable Enrichment: Jai Seed eCookbook & Jai Release Meditation Program
- Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa is a sushi chef and restaurateur known for his fusion cuisine blending traditional Japanese dishes with South American ingredients: nobumatsuhisa.com
THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING PARTNERS
- The mission of Thrive Market is simple — to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone; in fact, they offer the highest quality healthy & natural products at 25-50% below retail.
- MindBodyGreen is a premiere website destination to learn about all things related to health. They offer tips, tools and video courses to make your life better and to inspire you to keep doing the awesome things that you’re already doing.
- SoCal Cleanse is the first company in the world to create an entire line of USDA certified organic detox products focused on detoxing as a lifestyle concentrating on the body, inside and out.
- Four Sigma Foods is an American Company founded by Finns who got sick of using pills that didn’t work. Four Sigma Foods has combined the fast-food convenience with superfood effectiveness to bring us the power of mushrooms in a revolutionary way.
- At ALOHA, they believe happiness can be attained through a balance of eating thoughtfully, exercising regularly, embracing mindfulness, maintaining meaningful relationships, and pushing oneself mentally. Check out their high-quality nutritional products.
- The Longevity Now Conference is the premier health and wellness event in the United States, featuring experts in the fields of anti-aging, rejuvenation, and longevity.
- The Women’s Wellness Conference gathers together some of the most cutting-edge visionaries in women’s health who explore critical mind and body topics including: Hormone balance, Beauty from the Inside out, Detoxification, Gut Health, Epigenetics, Nutragenomics, Nutritional Endocrinology, Female Self-Care, Anti-aging and more.
- At Karma Baker all baked items are Organic, Vegan and Gluten-Free using our proprietary flour blend free of bean, soy and nut flours. Treat yourself to some Gluten-Free and Vegan dedicated delicacies today.
- Whether you are discovering new plant-based foods, looking to maximize your performance, elevate your wellness or just simply feel good about yourself, Joi Cafe is able to provide you with tasty, smart and sexy choices that take the work out of eating healthy.
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.