“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
This mid-week episode of the podcast is a fun, dynamic Q&A session from our recent Plantpower Way event at Paddington Town Hall in Sydney, Australia.
Some of the topics covered include:
- raising vegan kids
- incorporating podcast guest wisdom into your life
- becoming your own self-sustaining ecosystem
- carving a career out of your passion
- pushing through when discipline wavers
- the benefits of mutual partner support
- effective advocacy methods
I hope you enjoy the offering. #StayJedi!
Peace + Plants,
Big gratitude to everyone who helped produce and support our Australia events, including: Andrew & Claire Davies of New Normal Project, Claire Jennifer and Gary Gorrow of Conscious Club, Mark Maloney and Luke Baylis of Sumo Salad, Lucy Stegley of Raw Events Australia, Andrew “SpudFit” Taylor, photographer / musician Maclay Heriot, Remedy Kombucha, Loving Earth, photographers Nathan Dunn, Noah Hannibal and Lauren Gray and of course the dozens who volunteered.
Spots are available for our next retreat in Italy — May 20-27, 2017. For info visit plantpowerworld.com
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Harrys.com: A superior shave at an affordable price. Friends of the Rich Roll Podcast can visit Harrys.com/ROLL to redeem your Free Trial Set, which comes with a razor, five-blade cartridge, shaving gel, and post shave gel. All you pay is just shipping.
Background, Context & Reference:
- Plantpower Italy Retreat May 20-27, 2017: plantpowerworld
- Rich on YouTube: youtube.com/richroll
- Finding Ultra* by Rich Roll
- Rich Roll’s Interview: “From Fat Dad to Ultra-Fit Father” with CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- Julie’s music (aka SriMati) on CDBaby
- Julie’s Jai Release Meditation
- PRE-ORDER Julie’s forthcoming book This Cheese Is Nuts! Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home
- What The Health: the health film that health organizations don’t want you to see!
- The True Cost: documentary exploring the impact of fast fashion on people and the planet.
Notable People Discussed in today’s podcast
- Andrew “Spud Fit” Taylor: ate only potatoes for a year. Listen to our podcast!
- Arianna Huffington: Co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post
- Steve Case: AOL co-founder & former CEO/chairman
- Biz Stone: Co-founder of Twitter, Obvious, Medium, and Jelly
- Josh LaJaunie: vegan Uutra-runner and 2016 “Runner’s World” Cover Search Winner
- Mishka Shubaly: Kindle Single Best Selling Author, Musician and Frequent RRP Guest.
- Gene Bauer: Farm Sanctuary & RRP guest
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #258: SpudFit: How Andrew Taylor Lost 114 Pounds Eating Nothing But Potatoes For A Year
- RRP #152: How Josh LaJaunie Lost 200 Pounds, Ran an UltraMarathon & Transformed His Life
- RRP #214: Mishka Shubaly on Why He Swears He’ll Make It Up To You.
- RRP #278: Kip Anderson & Keegan Kuhn: “What The Health”
*Disclosure:Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Plantpower Way is available at these fine retailers!
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our brand new Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.