For fans of Ben Greenfield, this is Ben like you’ve never heard him before.
For longtime listeners and fans of health & fitness podcasts, Ben Greenfield needs no introduction. Self-avowed training guinea pig, ardent nutrition student, accomplished multisport athlete, podcast host, blogger and health entrepreneur at Ben Greenfield Fitness and all around good dude.
Ben and I have been acquainted for some years — but only through the internet. He was an early guest on this show ( RRP #11 ), I have guested on his podcast as well as his Endurance Planet podcast ( HERE ), we did a nutrition-oriented Spreecast with Vinnie Tortorich back in February ( HERE ) and he has written about my exploits a bit as well ( HERE ).
And yet surprisingly, we had never met in person. So it was a pleasure to finally sit down with the guy one-on-one so we could dig a bit deeper. Skype interviews are great, but there is just no substitute for sitting across from someone when you want to have a proper chat. And this interview gets it done in spades.
Today on the show we talk about a multitude of things, including:
- How he turned his passion for health and fitness into a thriving online business
- Some keys for entrepreneurial online success;
- His experience training for and racing an Ironman on a high fat / low carb ketogenic diet;
- His plan for putting on 30lbs of muscle during the upcoming winter months;
- Our experiences interviewing Durianrider;
- What the lifestyle “hack” (as in #lifehack or #biohack) actually means;
- His experience as a homeschooled child and how he homeschools his children;
- How his dietary regimen is often misunderstood, his passion for plants & his vegetable garden; and
- Ben’s Upcoming Human Performance Course on CreativeLive.
Like many of my guests, I don’t agree with all points & issues raised. But I truly like and respect Ben, particularly his willingness to engage in all forms of self-experimentation and his transparency when it comes to openly sharing his results.
I hope you enjoy the conversation!
- Ben Greenfield Fitness: http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/
- Unschoolery — Leo Babauta’s (of ZenHabits.net ) Homeschool Resource Blog: http://unschoolery.com/
- 23andMe – Genetic Testing for Health, Disease & Ancestry: https://www.23andme.com/
- WellnessFX – Diagnostic Blood Testing: http://www.wellnessfx.com/
- DirectLabs — Clinical lab testing for blood chemistry: http://www.directlabs.com/
- Quest Diagnostics – Clinical lab testing for blood chemistry: http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home.html
- Creative Live: Achieve Ultimate Human Performance with Ben Greenfield (12/11/13-12/13/13): http://www.creativelive.com/courses/achieve-ultimate-human-performance-ben-greenfield
Finally – dig the music cues and intro/outro clips on the show? Thanks my 18-year old son Tyler Piatt — not only did he produce and edit today’s show, he wrote, arranged and performed all the music as well, including the clip in the teaser trailer – give him a nice shout out in the comments below. Thanks Tyler!
Enjoying the show and inclined to help support the mission? Here’s how you can help:
Thanks for listening and thanks for the support!