“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
Wise words that capture the essence of this week’s guest, Preston Smiles.
When you meet Preston, you immediately understand who this guy is. He wears it on his sleeve. It’s written all over his face. He just is exactly who he is.
It’s much harder to describe Preston in words. But I’ll give it a shot. A leader in the emergent world of conscious media, Preston is a pretty unique cat — one of the most present, focused, passionate, open and giving people I have ever met. But honestly, everything that Preston is can be boiled down to one word – maybe the most important word in our lexicon – love.
A wellspring of creativity, Preston is a writer (Huff Po / The Daily Love), a motivational messenger, a thought leader and co-founder of something called The Love Mob – a global, grassroots flash mob movement that ignites community building through “Organized Acts of Love.”
The Preston I know is an unlikely evolution from a very different guy. Raised under challenging circumstances, young Preston was a hyperactive, dyslexic gang member prone to beatings and beating others. An angry, disenfranchised young man looking at an almost certain future of violence, drug abuse, jails and institutions.
But Preston was able to escape this path. An emotional and spiritual transformation that instead produced a man full of life, devoted to serving others and downright unafraid to embrace and exude love, consciousness and unity — hardly the most popular subjects among men in our society.
Preston is both a friend and an inspiration, and I am proud to share his powerful story and message with you today.
I sincerely hope you enjoy the conversation. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Peace + Plants,
P.S.: Thoughts are things. This week’s assignment is to pay closer attention to those thoughts. Identify the negative patterns that constantly loop. Make a choice to take one of those thoughts and invert it. It doesn’t matter if you don’t actually believe the new message you tell yourself about yourself – just act as if. Do that, repeat it until it becomes the new default thought replacing the old negative one. Then tackle another one. Rinse and repeat. Let me know how it goes in the comments below.
- The Love Mob: Website | Facebook
- Preston on The Huffington Post
- “3 Powerful Questions That Can Transform Any Situation” by Preston Smiles (Huffington Post)
- Preston’s Presentation at Catalyst Creativ [VIDEO]
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires, by Esther Hicks*
- Agape International Spiritual Center (Livestream)
- The Science of Mind, by Earnest Holmes*
- Agape Minister Michael Bernard Beckwith
*Disclaimer: these are Amazon affiliate links — clicking to purchase any of these books supports the RRP!
WANT TO SUPPORT THE PLANTPOWER EVOLUTION / REVOLUTION?
Here’s how you can help:
1. TELL A FRIEND! The RRP is free and will always be free. I don’t ask anything of you. But if you want to help, the best way to do that is to help spread the word. Share it at your next dinner party. Post it on your social networks using the #RRP and #plantpower hashtags. If you want to really put a smile on my face, post a picture of you on Instagram listening the show — I love that.
2. SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW: Subscribe to the show on iTunes HERE and leave a review on the iTunes Show Homepage HERE. I’m not asking you to leave a 5-star review, only that you share your honest experience of the show. Reviews on iTunes really help the show get properly featured on the iTunes interface.
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.