“The journey is to find your truth and know who you really are.”
Imagine yourself the only female athlete in a very dangerous sport completely dominated by men.
You don’t just hold your own. And you don’t just break the glass ceiling. Instead, you obliterate it. Kicking serious ass, you make an indelible mark on the sport you love. Along the way, you inspire millions of women and young girls to rethink the limits of their personal potential.
This is the extraordinary story of race car driver Danica Patrick (@danicapatrick) — an athlete whose life-long love for speed turned her into one of the most successful, revered, and recognizable professional sports figures on the planet. Although her accomplishments are far too numerous to list, among Danica’s many notable glass ceiling explosions include:
- first woman to lead the Indy 500;
- highest Indy 500 female finish ever (4th);
- first woman to win an IndyCar circuit race; and
- first woman to win pole position at Daytona 500
Off the track, Danica is a media magnet. She has served up hosting duties on Spike TV, been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and appeared in a litany of commercials, music videos, and television shows. In 2006, she published Danica: Crossing the Line, an autobiography she followed up with the recent release of her brand new mind, body, spirit primer: Pretty Intense.
This is a conversation about Danica’s extraordinary career. It’s about the lessons she’s learned along the way about life, performance and wellness. It’s about a piece of unfinished business she calls the Danica Double – her plan to race both the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 this year — and it’s a glimpse into the new chapter that lays beyond racing.
But most of all, this is a conversation about personal empowerment. It’s about the mindset and practices that made Danica a champion, which can be leveraged to unlock the best version of yourself. In other words, take personal responsibility for your path. Stop wasting time. And start kicking ass.
Danica is one of the sweetest badasses I know. I totally enjoyed our exchange. I hope you do too.
Peace + Plants,
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Boll & Branch: The first honest and transparent bedding company that only uses sustainable and responsible methods of sourcing and manufacturing. Go to BollandBranch.com today for $50 off your first set of sheets by typing in promo code RICHROLL at checkout.
Quip: Your one stop solution for oral health! Buy a quip toothbrush from $25 and get up to $5 off your first refill pack by visiting getquip.com/ROLL and using promo code “ROLL” during checkout.
Note: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support the sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.
Check out Danica’s new book: Pretty Intense: The 90-Day Mind, Body and Food Plan that will absolutely Change Your Life*
Background, Context & Reference
- Connect with Danica: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- ABC News: (VIDEO) Danica Patrick shares her 2018 workout and nutrition tips with Robin Roberts
- CNBC: (VIDEO): NASCAR driver Danica Patrick will retire from the track to become a full-time entrepreneur by Chloe Aiello
- USA Today: Danica Patrick says it’s a ‘relief’ to be racing in the Daytona 500 by Michelle R. Martinelli
- USA Today: Watch Danica Patrick show off pieces of her intense workouts by Michelle R. Martinelli
- ESPN W: Danica Patrick finds her comfort zone for NASCAR finale at Daytona 500 by Bob Pockrass
- The Washington Post: Danica Patrick is racing with GoDaddy again, but things are very different this time by Des Bieler
- U.S. News: Danica Patrick to Drive Daytona 500 for Premium Motorsports by Jenna Fryer
- Forbes: Why Danica Patrick And GoDaddy Teamed Up Again (It’s Not What You Think) by Dave Caldwell
- NASCAR: Danica Patrick teams up with Premium Motorsports, Tony Eury Jr. for Daytona 500
- SB Nation: Danica Patrick will wear GoDaddy green in her final 2 races by Jordan Bianchi
Notable People Discussed
- Leilani Münter: biology graduate turned race car driver, environmental activist and podcast guest
- Landon Cassill: professional race car driver, vegan and podcast guest
- Joe Rogan: stand-up comedian, color commentator, podcast host, and retired martial artist
- Sir John Young “Jackie” Stewart: OBE British former Formula One racing driver from Scotland, 3x World Drivers’ Championship winner
Related Podcasts You Might Enjoy
- RRP #301: NASCAR Driver Leilani Münter Is Racing For The Planet
- RRP 147: The Need For Speed: NASCAR Driver Landon Cassill’s Plant-Based, Triathlon Fueled Success Equation
- RRP #262: Lessons On Mindset With Kerri Walsh Jennings
- RRP #307: Big Mountain Skier Lynsey Dyer On Sport As Art
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you a company interested in sponsoring the podcast? Click here to learn more & take our sponsor survey.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account!
Download Our Free App! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url’s and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click “Sponsors”.